Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just Call Me a Night Owl

Yesterday I woke up feeling really lousy. I thought my cold was gone after a week, but it wasn't. So, on my lunch break I went to a walk in clinic. After a quick sinus infection diagnosis, I received a steroid shot in my right hip, and an antibiotic shot in my left hip. I prefer shots b/c they are less hassle...no driving to the pharmacy, waiting in line, and then remembering to take them for the next 10-14 days. Not to mention that I don't have to pay for a prescription, and shots work faster. Win, win, win, etc. Anyway...I have no fear of shots. They don't faze me in the least. But these shots, specifically the antibiotic, were the most painful shots I've ever gotten. It was ridiculous. I honestly wasn't sure I was going to make it back to the car. It still hurts. I started feeling better within two hours and didn't have any side effects....until now.

OMG....I cannot go to sleep. I thought I would share my adventure with you all to at least get the swirling words out of my head. My body is shaky, achy, and tired, but my mind is absolutely wired. I typically go to bed between 9-10pm, and it doesn't hurt my feelings at all if I am in bed, asleep, by 8:30pm. I've blogged, texted, talked on the phone, watched TV, surfed online, and played numerous, simultaneous games of Words With Friends (Crystal that was me, not Darrin) on Darrin's new iPad, which by the way is A-mazing. Highly recommend.

So, I just took something to help me sleep at 2:05am. Genius, I know. All b/c I was too lazy to get up off the couch 4 hours ago when I originally thought about it. Stephanie - feel free to say "I told you so". I'm sure it was a disturbing sight for the neighbors to see in my opened blinds and watch me pull out a butcher knife and cut my "sleep agent" in half b/c at least I do have enough sense not to take a whole one. Hope you all are having sweet dreams. Feel free to call me at work tomorrow and make sure I'm awake. Peace out.

Disclaimer: I know I make a lot of grammatical errors on this blog. Sometimes I go back and read a post days later and realize I left out whole words. I think my typing isn't fast enough for my thoughts and I'm not a good proofer. Just thought it was a good time to mention this since there is no telling what you will have to decipher when I'm blogging at 2:15am. Just for fun, when I hit spellcheck there were 9 misspelled words. That doesn't even count the ones it doesn't catch. I should leave them b/c it might add to the humor of the situation. Sorry, that would surely give me a complex.

No effects from the "sleep agent" yet, but since I'm sure this is incredibly boring for everyone but me, I'm ending this nonsense. Good night for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment