Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Operation "Back on Schedule"


For the last several weeks, we have strayed from the schedule we worked so hard to establish over the last 7 months. Now that Miles seems to be feeling better, I was determined to get back to our routine tonight. The plan was to eat baby food & cereal, take a bath, read a few books, drink a bottle, lay him down, and let him cry it out without a pacifier. Cruel parents, huh?

We've had it so easy with his bedtime until 2 weeks ago when he started feeling bad. We have always been able to lay him down and he would go to sleep and stay there all night. All that good fortune has been completely out the window lately. He's been fussy and restless on and off all night long.

When I laid him down tonight around 8pm he cried for around 5 minutes and we haven't heard from him since. So far, so good. Now if he will just stay there all night.... Even though it is wonderful for Darrin and me to be able to get a good night sleep, that's not my purpose in all of this. I think it is so important to establish good sleeping patterns for his health and happiness. I'll keep you updated on the progress of getting the little man back on schedule.

1 comment:

  1. ok so I understand the schedule....explain Miles' jacked up hair.

    Darrin hahaha

    ReplyDelete