Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Moment of Weakness

Miles did really good last night. He made it until 5am. Then, he was crying/screaming. I let him cry for 5-10 minutes. Once it became clear that he wasn't going to get himself back to sleep I went in there and gave him the pacifier and rubbed his head. He was fine as long as I was doing that, but the minute I walked away he'd start up again. So....in a moment of weakness, I completely abandoned the routine and put him in bed with us. WHAT??? This is not part of the "plan". In 7 months he has never slept with us. We usually put him in bed with us on Saturday morning, but that's just to play. Once he was in bed with us he fell fast asleep and began snoring like his dad.



I got my hair highlighted tonight so I wasn't here for night #2 of Operation "Back on Schedule". I did leave the following note on the frig for Darrin. He's excellent with Miles and doesn't need my help. I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page.




I walked in right after Darrin put him to bed and there wasn't any crying. Hopefully we'll have to wake him up at 6:30am tomorrow like we used to do. I'll report back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment