Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Crazy Busy Easter Weekend

We've had an incredibly busy weekend. I took off at noon on Friday since daycare of closed and Darrin switched practice from the afternoon to the morning. We drove to my Mom's, stopping in Clarksville for a little shopping. Miles didn't have many clothes for the spring/summer, so we stopped and got him a few things. One of our favorite purchases was a pair of Nike Shox. This is actually his 3rd pair of Nikes. Darrin is a Nike fanatic.....he's borderline obsessive. He bought the first 2 pairs for Miles, but they are a little bigger so he'll have to grow into them.

We got to my Mom's around 6pm. I thought I had my key to her house but I didn't. While we were locked out for 30 minutes or so, we decided to take a few pics of Miles in the grass. This was actually his first time to sit in grass. He wasn't sure about it at first.


Then he got used to it....


Miles and Marmee....


Having fun with Dad...


We threw a baby shower for my cousin and his wife, Patrick & Ellen, on Saturday morning. They had a beautiful little boy a couple weeks ago.....Weston Robert Hall. He is a doll. As soon as the shower was over, Darrin and I went to Opry Mills for a little more shopping. As ridiculous as it may sound, when you live in Martin you have to take advantage when you are near a mall. Back to my Mom's that afternoon just in time for a family cookout....hung out with the family for a while and then headed home. I wanted to be at our church on Easter. We stopped at Darrin's parent's house on the way home to visit for a little while. We didn't get there until 8:15pm....chatted for a while....then packed up again. Stopped at Walmart on the way home to get food to make for Easter lunch. We finally got home a little after 10pm.

Got up this morning...made food for lunch, got ready, got Miles ready, went and got the dogs at the vet where they had been staying, and headed to church. I worked in the nursery...infant room with 13 kiddos. It was crazy and Miles was super needy just b/c I was in there. After church, we went home got the food and left to back to Darrin's parent's house for lunch and an Easter egg hunt.

Ava wouldn't sit in the grass for pictures, so we settled on the swing. Check out this look....


Our first Easter.....I tried to plan our outfits so they coordinated. They were supposed to be shades of blue. Don't think it translated in the pics, and it was way too much trouble. Doubt I will attempt this again next year.



So...not that you care about the boring details of our daily life....but seriously it was one busy weekend. Somewhere in there we also changed Miles to the next car seat. His carrier was just too heavy for me, and he hates having to sit back so far. I'm tired. I don't like going back to work on Monday when it doesn't feel like you've had a weekend. However, it was great to see family, and the weather was beautiful, so I'll count my blessings.

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you and you all looked amazing...sorry that Ava was such a pain.

    ReplyDelete