Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

33 Weeks

I am 33 weeks today! Everything is still going smoothly. Darrin is back in town after extensive traveling. I am very happy to have him home for several reasons. First, I obviously just like having him around. Second, he is a huge help around the house, especially during my pregnancy. And last, while he was gone I had to take Bobo to the vet twice (once involving kidney stone surgery), my car battery died while I was pumping gas, and I started having contractions. I'm sure there were other issues that I can't recall....it just seemed like things slightly fell apart while he was gone. He is in town until the last weekend in August, when the traveling resumes for 2 weekends in a row.....which also happens to be the 2 weekends before my due date. If I make it that far, we'll discuss our plan if he is out of town when I go into labor. Until then, I prefer to ignore it....and maybe it will go away.

I had 2 baby showers on Sunday. Again, both showers were amazing. Our friends and family truly "showered" us with tons of presents and support. The gifts were overwhelming, and the amount of people that took time out of their day to come to the showers once again was wonderful.

The first shower was at Jackson's Chapel in Wingo, KY. This is where Darrin attended church while growing up, and where his parents, and a lot of his family still attend.

Darrin's cousin, Amanda (left) and his sister, Crystal (right) threw the shower for us.


Baby Miles/Hallie might have to fight with Ava to play with this toy.

This is the cake made out of cupcakes. Isn't is adorable? Tasted awesome too!


Darrin's parents, aka Granny and Pa.

*********************
Here are some pictures from the shower at our church. This shower was after our p.m. service. So, we had time to take everything home from the first shower and put it away before round two.
Here are some friends that helped throw the shower. There were others that helped, and I greatly appreciate you all!
Rachel in action....Rachel's husband, Travis, took pictures during the shower. He did a great job, and took his responsibility very seriously!


Darrin took some time out of gift opening to pose for his UFC Fight picture with Daniel. I thought you were supposed to look scary and intimidating?

At the end of the night, our car was packed.


Another great day that reminded us how blessed we are to have such great family and friends. I don't know if it's b/c I'm older now, but I don't remember this feeling of gratefulness during my wedding showers. Our dating, engagement, and wedding days happened so quickly it was like a whirlwind. We were consumed with each other and didn't really have time to stop and cherish the moments I guess. With this baby, it's been unbelievable to me to see people come to our showers and just be there for us. Someone said it's the pregnancy hormones, and maybe they are making me a little more sentimental. However, I will always remember how much has been given to help us prepare for the baby. We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment