Pages

Monday, October 9, 2023

The Beach in October

After years of not being able to travel in the fall due to Darrin coaching, we decided to forego summer vacation and go over fall break. Traveling with a bigger vehicle was nice. We didn't have to be picky about loading the car.


Our first day on the beach was the prettiest. 




The sun was out and the water was as clear as I've ever seen it.


The water had enough waves to be fun, but never scary. It was shallow for a long way, so Carson could go out with Miles. I loved that the beach wasn't crowded so it was easy to keep track of the boys. 


Carson spent a lot of time digging. 


I would say he dug for three days straight. On the fourth day, he was kind of over it, which is fair.


I tried to take pictures out in the water with my phone in a ziplock bag but they were blurry. 


I wanted to remember how clear the water was but I wasn't brave enough to not keep my phone covered. And, Miles grew up overnight.


We went out to eat every night this year. Last year we cooked in the condo a couple nights, but I wasn't feeling it this year. 


Miles and I ate so much shrimp. 




The beach in October is beautiful.




On the last night, which happened to be my birthday and our anniversary, everyone cooperated so we could take some pictures on the beach. 


We all decided that we are not those people and I will probably never ask them to do this again. 




Our anniversary at the beach was fun. ~22 years~


The condo we stayed in was so pretty. It had been newly remodeled and had no reviews when we booked it. It was a little bit of a gamble, but it paid off....and we got a discount for booking a new listing. 


It was all so spacious and clean. 


I loved having this area to dump the beach stuff. 


We only went to the pool two times for a short time but it was nice too.


Darrin sang happy birthday to me in his Donald Duck voice. I don't think I've ever heard Carson laugh that hard. He could hardly breathe.


We had the best ice cream I've ever had at Brusters at the recommendation of a friend. I wish we would have gone back another night.



When you ask Miles to take a picture, you get a surprise selfie.


The ride home was long due to traffic and lots of slow downs. Thankfully, the boys slept a lot of the way. 


It was a great trip with lots of down time and memories made. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment