Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

Baseball, Randomness, Baseball

Darrin is coaching Carson's team this year. I've been saying that this is the first time that Darrin has had the opportunity to coach one of his kids, but I forgot that he helped coach Miles' league ball team last year.

Miles has been helping when he doesn't have his own practices and games. He's surprisingly patience with the kids.


Darrin is coaching with the dad of one of Miles' middle school teammates that also has a little brother. It worked out for the little brothers to get their brother's numbers.


It's been fun to get to know this family better. 


Now for some randomness. We haven't done as good of a job making Carson do chores and teaching him things as we did with Miles. But, I'm drawing a line in the sand. Carson will be seven this summer and it's time for him to learn some things. I asked him to set the table, which only consists of a napkin, a fork, and a knife, because we always put food on the plates and then bring them to the table. This was the best Carson had in him apparently and exactly why I'm drawing a line.


I bought this for my new office as a reminder.


Just when I think all hope is lost, I looked outside and saw Carson attempting to clean off the patio. He said, "We really need to get this place cleaned up." I think his motive was getting the pool open, but I'll take it. He came inside a few minutes later and asked me if I would get the pressure washer out for him :)


Carson has his first loose tooth. When I explained how the tooth fairy works, that Carson puts his tooth in his tooth pillow and then the tooth fairy will take his tooth and leave him some money, he said, "that makes no sense." I concur, Carson.


Miles had another weekend of calling pitches for his travel team. We hope he has one more weekend of games before he's released. It's been really hard on all of us for him to be sidelined for so long, but I really think getting to call pitches is something he'll never forget. I truly think this time has deepened his love for baseball for many reasons. We are counting down the days until his doctor's appointment next week.









No comments:

Post a Comment