Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

Since Darrin's job has slowed to a halt with no practice, no recruiting, and now no office hours, he's been using his free time to take Miles fishing. Miles would rather fish than do anything, and I mean that literally. We bought Darrin's dad a fishing license for TN so the three of them could go fishing together. They didn't catch much on Friday, but Miles was happy that he caught the biggest fish.


We played a long game of Phase 10 with Granny & Pa. I'm not sure I've ever played an entire game, but we did on Friday night. Pa won!


Carson was so cooperative. He watched TV, played by himself, and sat in random laps while we played. His behavior has improved so much in the last couple months. It's such a relief that he is finally manageable!


The boys helped our neighbor cut up and haul off some fallen trees in his yard. I have never talked to these neighbors and Darrin has only a handful of times in the six years we've lived here. It's been nice to see that the quarantine is doing some good things. Darrin normally wouldn't have had time for this.


Darrin told our neighbor that the boys like to be outside and we just don't have much to do right now. Miles really does love to work with Darrin and Carson just loves to be outside.


He got in some playtime when the work was finished.


It was a cold day to be outside.


Carson worked some puzzles with Granny. It's always nice when he wants to play something that you can sit at the table and play quietly.


Carson picked a 'flower' for me. We bought him these Croc boots for Christmas and he has finally started wearing them. I bought them b/c I thought they would be easy to get on, easy to clean, and they would also be light. I think he loves them b/c he can put them on himself.


After twelve straight days of rain, the sun came out this weekend for a little while. It was so nice and made me excited for spring. We woke up to rain again today, but the sunshine was beautiful while it lasted.


Miles and Carson both had a little congestion this weekend, probably from allergies. We introduced Carson to a nasal rinse. Miles showed him how to do it and he rocked it! I should known since he does so well with medicine and doctor's appointment. He did three over the weekend and did great every time.


We visited with Marmee over Facetime. It's very important that she stays home during this quarantine, so we are sending lots of pics and calling too. I know she misses the boys and they miss her too. Poor Carson asks her when she's coming to our house every time we talk. We will be so excited to see her when this is over. Praying it's sooner rather than later. We love you, Marmee!


Carson played in the cold rain today while Darrin worked in the shop. This boy needs fresh air everyday. You can't tell, but the rain was coming down hard in this picture. He was unfazed.


He did some work too, all while it was still raining. He was soaking when he came inside, but he was happy and content after some outdoor time.


We had a Zoom meeting with our small group time. I've never participated in one before. I was a little skeptical, but I have to say that it was really fun and it felt like we met and talked. Our leader spent some time praying and reading scripture. We were able to hear how everyone is doing and how the quarantine is affecting them. I'm already looking forward to next week.


We wrapped up the night with a game of Catan and Racko. Miles stepped up his strategy and won! He was so happy. It was cool to see his smart mind work :)


The governor shut down all non-essential jobs today, so Darrin is off as of tomorrow. Carson will still go to daycare and I will still go to work. Darrin has plans to help volunteer with our small group at a local grocery store. Unfortunately, Miles is too young to help. He has plenty of school work to do anyway. He's doing such a good job keeping up with it by himself. It's times like these that I'm so glad I never inserted myself into his school work. Carson is getting a haircut tomorrow before the salons shut down for two weeks. He's been complaining about the hair on his forehead so we have to take him tomorrow! It's been a nice weekend at home. I will hate to leave my crew tomorrow, but I have a busy week ahead as all my office transition to drive thru only. It's going to be another busy, strange, unprecedented week. Take care, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment