Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

13 quick pictures from our weekend. I had to take Carson to the doctor about his ears for the fourth time in a month. His left ear is still infected, but the doctor opted for drops instead of a fourth round of oral antibiotics. We see his ENT this week and I'm afraid we are heading for a second set of tubes. Once again, he was perfect at the doctor and said, "I had fun momma" on the way out.


We watched Darrin's game online on Friday night. His team went 2-1 for the weekend which was a great start to the season.


I'm pretty sure all second children play naked if that's what they want to do in that moment.


Carson is all about putting on his oils at night. He likes to put them on Miles too.


Miles eats carrots like other people eat chips. Of course, he likes chips too, but he loves carrots.


On Friday night, Carson woke up around 11pm and had thrown up all over his bed and carpet. The stomach virus has been going around so I was afraid it was going to cancel Miles' birthday sleepover which was scheduled for Saturday night. After I got his room cleaned up, I got him settled on the cot next to my bed. He wanted to be right next to me. For all the times he said "Daddy do it" over the last couple of years, he's all about me right now. When Darrin says "I love you" to Carson, Carson replies with "I love momma". I don't hate it. Back to the cot....there was no way he was getting in my bed just in case he got sick again. I already had at least 4 loads of laundry from his room. Good news, he did not have the stomach virus. Bad news, I'm pretty sure I fed him rotten grapes before bed and that's why he got sick. I vaguely saw them as I was handing him to them and thought they didn't look good, but I think they might have been worse than I thought :( 


Darrin and I decided to leave the cot up indefinitely in our room since Carson has been getting in bed with us every night. Not an ideal situation, but I just don't care to fight that battle right now. So now, I have a cot and a train table in my room. This is 40 with two kids, right?


We went on with Miles' sleepover on Saturday night. We had five boys including Miles. They rode bikes, ate, and played video games. They all got along well and Miles had fun. I think it was a successful party.


We have celebrated '10' for a month now.


Carson wanted to be right in the middle and Miles is always okay with that. I keep waiting for Miles to get tired of him, but he never does. He needs a break from him every now and then, but he loves him so much. While his friends were singing happy birthday to him, he leaned over and kissed Carson on the cheek twice.


I made the cake b/c a month of celebrating and feeding five boys adds up.


Color tabs in the bathtub are life right now. They make bath time easy every night.


For the record, he's played with the train table in my room one time so far.


I don't really feel like I had a weekend b/c there was no rest, but there was a lot of quality time with the boys and some with Darrin, so I'll take it. Busy week ahead and more volleyball. Go UU!

No comments:

Post a Comment