Pages

Monday, September 2, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

I have a bunch of random thoughts about our weekend and a few pics from last week since I haven't blogged much lately. The volleyball team was hosted by some friends/supporters at their family farm on Saturday night. They had a litter of two week old puppies. Carson loved them and was really good with them. And no, he doesn't need one and we aren't getting one. I can't take care of anything else around here. They were very cute though.


Miles was all about the shrimp that they prepared. It was a huge shrimp boil and Miles was very happy about that.


They had cows, dogs, and one goat, named Betty.


Hanging with the puppies in his boots that he insisted on wearing.


He loved every minute of the farm. We always thought Miles was a country boy, but I think Carson might be more so.


Carson hasn't been feeling great lately. He's been fighting an ear infection for two weeks. He's been very cranky and unhappy. I think he might finally be getting better.


When either of my kids randomly fall asleep anywhere you know someone is sick. They typically don't sleep anywhere other than their beds.


We had to get creative at times to diffuse his unhappiness. 


For all the ways, he can be challenging, medicine and doctors are his thing. He actually pushes the medicine in himself.


We even had to take this medicine back to the pharmacy and pay for some grape flavoring b/c it tasted so terrible. I can tell it's still bad, but he's managing.


My mom brought my childhood doll several weeks ago and now "Jennifer" is his favorite. He takes her everywhere and sleeps with her every night. It's a little creepy to see on the monitor.


Miles had a new friend over to play today. His dad is actually the new pastor at our church and he is in Miles' class at school. They had the best time today.


We had several packages of water balloons that you connect to the water hose and they fill up. That is the first time we have used them and they are legit! Miles would connect the hose and Carson would turn the water off and on. They made quite a team.


Miles bought a target to shoot his bow and arrows at. He is really enjoying this gift from my mom. 


Carson got a train table for Christmas last year. We put it in the sun room and put the table in our bedroom. He rarely plays with the trains, so we decided this weekend to put the train table in our bedroom and move the table back to the sun room. The table is so functional. We use it to play games, the boys can draw, build Legos, or eat snacks. Today, Carson played with Lincoln Logs and watched Moana happily while Darrin and I cooked for the week. I think this is going to be a good move. I don't like having a train table in my bedroom, but it's plenty big enough for it and maybe he'll play while I'm getting ready or doing stuff in my room.


We had to go in Walmart yesterday for a few things that I left off the online order. As we were walking back up to the front of the store, Carson darted from us. He ran into the self check out and out the other side. I followed him and Miles ran around a different way. Miles was fast enough to spot him running into the arcade. By the time I got to him, he was sitting in a Bob the Builder bulldozer ride asking for a quarter. Ummmm no, you will not be getting a quarter since you jetted on us. We let him go in the arcade one time the last time we were in Walmart. I have no idea how he knew his way back there. I'm beginning to think this kid is pretty dang smart. At minimum, I think he will have a high level of street smarts.


Miles made Carson's day by riding in the cart with him at Lowes. Poor Miles was crammed in, but Carson was having the time of his life.


This is 100% Miles. We have started daily chores around here b/c he's old enough and I need help during volleyball season. I keep thinking it will get better after he realizes that the chores aren't going away. I'm not so sure though.


We have enjoying our long weekend at home. It is our last weekend without volleyball games until late November. I got a few things done around here and I think we are ready to kick off the season. Ready or not, here we go! Go UU!

No comments:

Post a Comment