Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2019

3 Year Check Up

Carson and I went last Friday for his 3 year check up. He loved the fish tank in the waiting room. While we were waiting to be called back, we walked out to the car to get a book and a toy to help entertain him. I am the worst about taking snacks and toys when we go places like this. I never learn. When we were walking out to the car, I walked out first and he was behind me. He delayed for a minute and his face got smashed shut two doors. He started screaming at the top of his lungs b/c the door slammed so hard. I was afraid that he was hurt badly. It took me a little while to console him and then he finally calmed down and we went back inside. 


He weighs 35.5lbs (82nd percentile) and is 37 inches tall (35th percentile). I feel like he will hit a growth spurt soon and those numbers will reverse. Although, I do think he has the potential to be more stout than Miles. For comparison sake, Miles weighed 32lbs and was 39" tall at 3 years old.


The only issue that I had to report to Dr. Amy were the red bumps on his face. He's had them his whole life. They come and go, but they were really bad last winter. I've been wondering lately if his face is actually scared from having the bumps so severely all winter long. She said that it is just a form of eczema that is worse in the winter and can be bad in the summer from chlorine. It basically comes out with dryness, which I guess is like all eczema. She said to keep it moisturized, which we have always done. Unfortunately, he may not grow out of it until adulthood. 


He was so cooperative for the whole visit. It was one of those days when being a mom is so fun and enjoyable :) Again, because I wasn't prepared, we had to be creative in order to pass the time. I tore off some of the paper on the exam table and found some highlighters and a pen in my purse. That did the trick while we waited. Dr. Amy was so busy b/c of back to school exams, but we were in and out pretty quickly.


He had to get a finger prick and two shots at the end of the visit. I decided to prepare him and tell him that it would only hurt for a second rather than pull the sneak attack. He winced for both shots, but when we told him they were over and sat him up, he never cried. You could tell it hurt and he kept telling me that it did, but he was such a champ. The whole visit, minus getting his face smashed in the door, was such a pleasant experience. We can only hope that he won't have the extreme fear of doctors and shots that Miles does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment