Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

It's a three day weekend for Miles and me, but I thought I'd go ahead and wrap it up here. I can't remember what we did on Friday night, but I think we chilled at home. I went to the gym on Saturday morning b/c I missed two days last week due to Carson's poor sleeping. Miles had a basketball game. They won big again. The Badgers are now 6-1. The finish their season next week against the only team that has beaten them. It should be a good one. Miles is working on his jump shot. It's paying off...he sunk this one. 


Carson wasn't feeling basketball on Saturday. Looking at pictures on the iPad was the only thing that bought us a little time.


After a four hour nap, I found him laying on the couch late that afternoon. Between the fussiness and the long nap, I thought fore sure that he was getting sick, but he's still fine. We have a long healthy streak going, so I'm kind of holding my breath. All four of us have made it all winter with no sickness. 


Saturday night, Stephanie came over to watch the UT vs. UK game. Miles had to wear his blue b/c he knows what a huge TN fan Stephanie is. 


We had a good morning at church. Carson loves going to 'chuch'. 


Even though it was cold and very wet, the boys and Darrin went outside for quite a while. It was too cold for me, so I hung out inside and got a lot done having the house to myself.


Miles shot his gun before Carson came outside.


Carson came inside before Darrin and Miles did. He was wet, muddy, and cold. I gave him a nice, warm bath and put him down for a late afternoon nap. He went to sleep with no trouble after playing outside. It was really cold for him to be out, but I've learned the kid needs time outside to explore and get dirty. Miles wasn't like that, but Carson definitely is. 


Darrin and Miles stayed outside in the shop and built a table for his new grinder. They built it out of materials we already had. I was quite proud of their resourcefulness. 

Miles was reading the directions and putting the grinder together. Darrin is so good about teaching him how to do stuff like this. 


Carson entertained himself for a long time by playing with his suitcase. 


He is not good at all about playing by himself, but occasionally he will get fixated on something and totally get lost in it. Today, it was his suitcase.


Miles had a short baseball practice this evening and then we all crashed and watched TV for a while. Even though Carson took a late nap, he still went to sleep at 8:15pm.


It was a productive weekend. I was able to do a few things that I've had on my list for a while. We also did the majority of our meal prep today after church. I'm looking forward to having the day off tomorrow without a ton of things on my to do list. It should be a relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment