Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Three Years in the Making & 6 Other Pics

We had a monumental day in our house last week. We've been in the market for a new washer and dryer for oh let's say around three years now. Our old washer has been held together by duct tape for a long time. When the center agitator broke a couple months ago the need intensified. We've only been able to wash medium sized loads since that part broke. Medium sized loads don't really work for a family of four.


I've put off the purchase b/c a) I didn't want to spend the money (cheap like that) and b) all I've heard is how terrible new washers and dryers are with their water saving technology and locking lids. I read a million reviews and talked to a bunch of people. I finally decided to go back with exactly what we had since it served us well for 15+ years. 


We are the proud owners of a top loading Maytag, with a center agitator. Aren't they pretty?? Darrin said this weekend, "I feel like you're washing everything" to which I reminded him that is pretty much what we do on the weekends. You know you're old when a new washer and dryer are blog worthy.


And now for six random pictures. Miles and I went to see A Dog's Way Home on Presidents Day. Darrin went to work and Carson went to daycare. It was a cute movie and the popcorn and watermelon Sour Patch Kids were on point.


Monday afternoon we played outside for a little while even though it was freezing. I don't think Darrin has ever not recruited on Presidents Day. He's a little ahead on recruiting, so he could afford to stay home with us. It was so nice to have him home.


Carson has FINALLY learned how to drive his 'mon-mower'. I thought the day would never come. He only knows one direction. He makes a big loop around the house, always starting in the back and driving around to the front.


After the movie on Monday, Miles and I had a 'disagreement' about the fact that I had to run some errands. After some very unhappy moments and a few errands, he fell asleep on the way home, and it all made sense. The poor kids just needed some sleep. 


When Miles was little, after his bath he would stand on a stool, brush his teeth, and patiently wait for me to blow dry his hair. Carson has had zero time for any of that. Lately he's been a little better about brushing his teeth, so I thought I would try to blow dry his hair. He let me for a minute before he started saying, "me do it" and grabbing the blow dryer away from me. He looked so cute though!


I bought two pairs of sunglasses on Monday. Now, I just need the sun to come out so I can use them. It's supposed to rain all week. I'm ready for sunshine, spring, and baseball season to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment