Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Weekend Wrap Up

The theme of our weekend was grandparents, activity, and outside! Granny, Pa, and Marmee all spent the night on Friday night. Darrin was out of town, but I welcomed the company and help.


Miles and Carson were very happy to have them.



Miles had a basketball game on Saturday morning. The Badgers are now 4-0! At times the game resembled a football game, but Miles held his own and earned the defensive star for the game.



When we got home from the game, we spent some time outside. 


I was determined to get Carson outside this weekend after last weekend was such a miserable disaster. The more I thought about it during the week, I wondered if Carson's lack of time outside was the main factor for his bad behavior. 


It was a little chilly, but we bundled up and went out anyway. Well, my mom, Miles, and I bundled up. Carson generally refuses to be confined by jackets, gloves, hats, etc.


The sunshine was good for everyone, especially Carson.



After church this morning, we went back outside. Miles worked on his pitching with the new backstop/target he got for Christmas. 


Then, he had a 2.5 hour baseball practice this afternoon. 


Carson and I rode on the 4-wheeler and tried to give Miles time to pitch. Carson really likes the new backstop too and kept getting in the way.


Darrin got home from his recruiting trip about the time Carson was waking up from his nap, so we went back outside for more fun.



We had a much better weekend, so I will do my best to get Carson outside for a little while every day as long as it's not raining. We may even hit up some indoor play places to burn some energy if we have to. Between time with the grandparents and a weekend full of activity, I think both boys went to bed with full heart and tired little bodies. I'll call this a successful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment