Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

I'm Still a Good Mom!

I'm going to speak a little truth b/c one day I want to look back and see how far we've come. Carson is a very challenging little boy. He will hit you in the face, bite you so hard it takes the skin off, and throw over a heavy wooden high chair in rage...and that was all just yesterday.


I was in a store trying to check out and he was being loud and uncooperative. I found myself wanting to explain to the man that was ringing me up that I have a very well-behaved 9 year old at home even though it looks like I have no idea what I'm doing. But that's just it, if I've learned anything from parenting these two kids it's that you can raise two kids exactly the same and they will be completely different.


I was at the Walmart Pharmacy yesterday with Carson and an older man yelled from a few people back to enjoy every moment b/c they grow up too fast. I wanted to say "thanks but no thanks". Forgive me for not enjoying every moment right now. These days are really hard. Like really hard. Lately, I've just wanted to cry b/c he completely wears me down. But thank goodness, I have the confidence to know that I'm a good mom even though I don't enjoy every moment. I look at Carson almost daily and can't believe that God gave him to us. I am in awe that we have these two boys.


I am reminded that Miles was pretty tough between 3-5 years old. My hope is that Carson is just getting it all out of his system now :) He is really funny and full of life. We just need to survive these days all the while guiding  him to use his energy and will for a greater purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment