Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Sick Baby

This poor baby is sick. He was perfectly fine when he went to bed and didn't make a peep all night. When we woke him up at 7:15 this morning, he rolled over and his cheeks were bright red. I leaned down to touch his head and he was burning up. His fever was 102.2.


He walked in his room and pointed to his crib at 9am. I laid him down and went back to get him up at 2:30pm b/c we had to go get Miles from school. Both my boys are good sleepers and long nappers, but this has to be a record. It was just a little over 5.5 hours. He still wasn't ready to get up. His fever was back up so I gave him some Motrin. When we got home from getting Miles, we played outside for a little while. I think sunshine is always good. He lives to be outside.


Besides the fever and chills, he doesn't have any symptoms except for grabbing himself and whining a little. I'm wondering if it's a UTI. Neither of my boys have ever had one, but that would explain the fever. Darrin is staying home with him tomorrow, so he'll take him to the doctor and see what's going on.


I would never wish my kids to be sick, but I needed this day off even though I was off all last week. For some reason, I have been so tired. It's been tough to get back in the groove at work. I literally slept on the couch all day. I didn't even turn on the TV. I think we both needed the sleep we got. Hopefully Carson wakes up feeling much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment