Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Miles' travel baseball season began this weekend. As long as we are playing baseball, the weekend wrap ups will probably happen on Monday night. It's so exhausting and then there's so much unpacking when you get home on Sunday night. We started clean and white on Saturday morning. Miles is top, right.


At the advice of a friend, I scotch guarded his pants before the first wear. I scrubbed them when we got home on Saturday and the dirt came right out. I don't know if it was b/c I did it that night or b/c the scotch guard. I was going to do so good this season and scrub the pants as soon as we got home every night, but I already gave up on that on Sunday. It was a nice thought.


Darrin's parents got us a new baseball cart for Christmas. It's really big compared to most, but it was perfect for Carson.


I thought to grab his chair before we left b/c I thought he might enjoy sitting up higher and he did. He sat through almost the whole first game.


Darrin had to recruit in Nashville this weekend. Miles played in between our house and Nashville so Darrin took a break and drove 1.5 hours to come watch one game. He surprised Miles which was great, but then Miles got a little sad when he left.



While we were watching Miles' game, Darrin said that he should just take Carson back to Nashville to recruit with him. He's always wanted to take him (I think he's CRAZY for this) but I just always thought it would be too hard on both of them. He really wanted to take him and who am I to deprive some father/son time, especially if it means that I get to watch baseball uninterrupted all day and then spend the night at home with just Miles??? Darrin sent several pictures and said that Carson was doing great.



Miles got to play catcher for one inning. He loved it. Our catcher is a natural for their age, so it's hard to move him. As I understand it, we will need more catchers next year when we start kid pitch, so maybe Miles will get to play that position more. I think he likes the action. Outfield can be uneventful.


Miles liked our cart too.


When the sun went down, it got really chilly.


I was planning to take Carson home after the first two games and let Miles ride home with another parent. I hated the thought of missing Miles' game, but it would have been too cold for Carson and he deserved to be home in his nice, cozy bed. After Carson left with Darrin, I made a Walmart run for some warmer gear. I've been wanting a sleeping bag b/c another mom swears that is the best way to keep warm. She does not lie. I will never be without it! It was absolutely freezing outside, but perfectly fine inside my sleeping bag.


He was completely exhausted after 3 games and several hours of waiting around. I'm not sure what time it was. I think we got home between 10-11pm.


Carson and Darrin stayed in Nashville. Both of them coughed all night and didn't sleep great. Carson seemed to feel okay on Sunday, but Darrin felt awful. They drove home early on Sunday and stayed home all day. Darrin had a really stressful week at work and I think it finally got the best of him.


Miles and I got up and made it to church by 9am to celebrate the first Sunday in our new building. It was so nice! We loved it. I missed having Darrin there, but will look forward to the first Sunday that he will be home to go with us.


After church, Miles and I made the hour drive back to the ballpark for more baseball.


It was a fun weekend to be able to spend time alone with Miles. It doesn't happen often and now that he is old enough to behave and carry on good conversations with, it is just that much more fun.


Baseball makes him so nervous. He doesn't have the confidence yet to relax and have fun. I always think that it's just going to be too much for him, but when you ask if he had fun after him after a long, pressure filled weekend, he says it was awesome and can't wait until the next game.


Miles and I stayed around to watch a few more games after his team got eliminated. He was playing a pick up game with a teammate and some kids from other teams. I think that was probably the highlight of his weekend. I was happy for him to have fun b/c sometimes the actual games are a little too intense for this momma. I don't know what it is about baseball, but it's the most stressful by far, at this age anyway.


We left a little earlier on Sunday so he read on the way home instead of sleeping. He can't get enough of books lately. Seeing him read on the way home made me more proud than any of the baseball. I like to see him being active and then enjoying a book. Limiting his electronic time makes all the difference. He didn't even ask to bring them this time.


It was a special weekend for me with Miles, and Darrin would probably say the same about Carson. I'm not going to lie, Carson kind of stresses me out right now :) He's so active and mischievous. And then, he's 30lbs so he can be hard for me to handle. When I have Carson by myself, we just have to stay home and hang out. That's how I enjoy Carson. I'm thankful that Darrin was able to have some time with him and show him sights outside of our house and his daycare. An adventurous weekend was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment