Pages

Friday, March 2, 2018

Dr Seuss Week and 5 Other Random Things

This week at Miles' school they celebrated Dr. Seuss week with crazy socks, a stuffed animal and wacky clothes. I'm not sure what the connection was with all of it, but he had fun. Today, he had to decorate a hat to display his favorite book. Magic Treehouse books are by far his favorite, so he chose one of them. It is called Afternoon on the Amazon.


I picked up a few things at Dollar Tree...a camo hat, some fake fern leaves, a plastic crocodile, and some other plastic animals. He was so happy to work together to make it. He told me thank you at least five times.


It's hard to see, but there is a crocodile in the middle, sitting on a blue poster board which is supposed to be the water. You can kind of see if in the first picture. I thought he might be too embarrassed to wear it today, but he woke up ready to go. He said that several kids told him it was creative. I don't think I've ever seen him so excited before about a project like this.


And now for five things that are totally unrelated. In case you are wondering, my children still look nothing alike. Both at 19 months...


Miles is ready for his first travel tournament tomorrow. Darrin will be recruiting and I'll have Carson with me. Let's all pause for a moment of silence. It should be an interesting weekend. I've packed like you might expect one to pack when they could potentially be stuck at the ballpark with a 1 year old for 8+ hours.


This is Carson's class. All the boys have such cute little haircuts and Carson looks a little wild child. In my defense, his hair is still coming in so there's only so much you can do with it. However, I feel like he might always be the wild one.


I read about a BBQ chicken pizza here and had to try it. She says on her blog that you can buy pizza dough at Sam's, up front where you can buy pizza & drinks. I went this week and asked about it. The girl asked me if I wanted one box or two. I decided to get two b/c even if we didn't like the BBQ chicken pizza, we could make a different kind. Well...$40 later I am the proud owner of TWENTY pizza crusts b/c they come 10 to a box. I mean, what part of Sam's did I not understand? The good news is that I gave away 10 of the crusts to two friends and the BBQ chicken was the bomb so I won't have any trouble using the others.


And last but not least, Carson has way more fun in the middle of the night than I do. He had a couple off nights, but has slept well the last two. We cut him off from AFV b/c he was waking up in the middle of the night and pointing and grunting at the TV as if to say that he wanted to watch AFV. Nope.


Off to bed b/c I need a good night's sleep to fuel my day tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment