Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

My weekend started on Friday with lots of snuggling since I was home with Carson all day. He still loves to watch America's Funniest Home Videos. It is the only show that holds his attention. He wants to watch it every moment he is awake. He points to the TV and does sign language for "more". Usually he wants to watch it while sitting in my lap, but just today he watched for a while without me. This shows some real promise for my 'to do' list.


Saturday morning, Miles had his last basketball game. I plan to blog about basketball in a separate post soon, but the short version is that he loved every minute of it.


Carson was introduced to Snap Chat by Miles' friend's sister. He was thoroughly entertained.


He was pretty excited to watch his brother play. I can't believe how much he does not look like Miles in this picture.


Miles' friend, Mason, came home with us to spend the night. They went straight outside to play before it started raining.


Miles and Mason are so nice to include Carson most of the time. Mason shows a lot of interest in Carson, which makes Miles happy.


They are always as close as possible while playing electronics. They played hard all day...legos, games, basketball, wrestling...but got more than their fair share of electronic time too.


Since it was 70 degrees in February, that meant the possibility of storms and tornadoes. While we were eating dinner, the weather sirens started going off. We loaded up and went to Stephanie's house. She has a really nice storm shelter/basement.


Since Darrin was out of town and we had Mason, it was important that we take the extra step to stay safe. I think the worst may have already hit at that point, but I didn't want to take any chances. The boys said it was fun and Carson was manageable, so I'll take that.


I took the boys to church. Our church has been meeting in a school for the last 2 years. Today was the last Sunday in the school. Next week, we move to our new church building. Such an exciting time.


It's almost March, which can only mean one thing. My child's pants are 3" too short, but it's too late in the season to buy anymore. Sorry, son.


Darrin made it home from his recruiting trip about an hour before small group tonight. We are glad to have him home. The boys were pretty good, especially since Miles was occupied with Mason (I planned that), but it's always easier with Darrin's help. Now that basketball is over, we start our first baseball tournament next weekend. I'm ready for some time with our baseball friends and warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment