Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Sick...Again

I got a call from daycare this afternoon saying that I needed to come get Carson. Oh you know, pink eye again. NBD. This time it's in both eyes. Having a toddler in daycare is not for the faint of heart. I was working in an office that is an hour from daycare. I told his teacher that I would be there as quickly as possible since Darrin wasn't able to pick him up. I picked up Miles first. His school wasn't exactly on the way but going to get Carson first and then getting Miles would have been far out of the way. Miles was reading aloud on the way home and Carson was mimicking him.


I gave Carson a bath as soon as we got home to try to let the water run down his face and hopefully clean out his eyes. Wiping them out with a warm compress would have been very difficult. He's a stout little dude and doesn't care for me cleaning out his eyes. Eye drops aren't fun either, but I think we had two successful doses tonight.


After the bath, he ran around the house naked for a while. See what I mean by stout :) That booty though. Side note...for the last couple weeks, my left elbow has really been hurting. I thought I might have hurt it or stressed it at the gym. I just recently figured it out....it's from carrying Carson all the time. I always carry him on my left hip. He's pretty stocky. I think what really did it was holding him with my left arm and trying to feed him with my right causing me to really use my left arm. He's too heavy for that. He's going to have to deal with walking on his own and eating in his high chair so my elbow can get better. Right now, it really hurts and it's only getting worse.


He hasn't been sleeping as soundly lately. He doesn't seem to be hurting when he wakes up, but something is causing him to wake up. I was thinking it might be his teeth, but maybe his eyes have something to do with it too. he also had a low fever when we got home. It's such a guessing game with babies. I'm hopeful that he'll sleep well and his eyes will look better tomorrow from the medicine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment