Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

We've spent the last few nights getting ready for Valentine's Day. Miles signed his name to 20 ring pops and he was ready to go. Carson, on the other hand, took a little more work. His daycare class consists of 6 boys. Can you imagine the rowdiness in the years to come?? We bought five plastic dinosaurs at Dollar Tree and printed off a Valentine card to attach to them.


Then, it was time for his Valentine box. Thankfully, Miles' class decorated brown bags at school. I {heart} low maintenance teachers. I was really tempted to buy a gift bag for Carson's 'box'. It's funny to me the things that I thought I would like as a mom, I don't. And the things I worried would be a chore, really aren't. One of Carson's many nicknames is Boss Baby, so his box was quite appropriate. His teacher commented that it was perfect. I don't think she meant that as a compliment...


As I was leaving the house at 4:50am to go work out, I set out the boys' gifts.


When everyone finally woke up, it was time to open.


Carson got a tractor and gate for his Little People barn. He seemed happy about it.


Miles was ecstatic with his gift and thanked me at least five times before school.


Against my better judgment, he got two Beyblades and a Beyblade stadium. I thought the stadium might be quieter than spinning the Beyblades on the floor. I was wrong. All I can think is the inventor of Beyblades does not have children. Miles was overjoyed, so we'll go with that.


I got a custom Valentine card, which I took to work and put on my desk.


Darrin got a Union license plate for the front of his truck.


The boys played with their gifts for a little while before school.


Both were entertained by their gifts until Carson decided that he wanted Miles'.


Miles had to pry a Beyblade from Carson's chubby little fingers and that didn't go well. He ended up kicking and screaming on the floor.


Apparently his mood carried over to school. When Darrin picked him up, his teacher said that he was very difficult today. She said it seemed like he was doing everything that he knew he shouldn't. At one point, he ran under the stage in the gym and wouldn't come out.


I would say that it's a good thing he's cute, but I'm not sure that his teacher is falling for that.


Darrin picked the boys up from school and daycare and met me for dinner after work. After dinner, Miles and Darrin went to the Union basketball game and Carson and I came home to watch TV. I can't speak for the boys, but I was pretty happy with the arrangement.


I put Carson to bed 20 minutes ago and he's been a little restless. He's teething which might be causing some of his trouble at school too. Or, maybe he's just mischievous. Only time will tell. I think he might be asleep for the night. I sure hope so. I'm ready to chill and catch up on my DVR. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment