Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Our long weekend is coming to an end. I had off today for Martin Luther King Day. Darrin is on his way home from recruiting in Atlanta. I used to dread this time of year b/c Darrin has to be gone so much. Now, I actually look forward to it. We miss Darrin and would much rather he be home, but if he has to be gone, an upside to that is the downtime we get. I make it my mission to stay home as much as possible especially right now while Carson is little. I try to run errands during the week and make sure we have all the groceries we need. In a couple years, we will plan a few fun things and venture out some, but for now we stay home. I think little babies and toddlers are meant to be home in the peace and comfort of their homes and cribs. Miles doesn't mind staying home at all either. We play games, watch movies, play with toys, and I catch up on little projects around the house.

This weekend forced us to stay home b/c we got 7" of snow! That makes it an even better weekend, in my opinion. My mom came up on Thursday before the snow came and left on Saturday even though the roads were still very messy. She made it home fine by taking it slow. She's like me, we like to go, but we like to be home too.

The snow came on Friday. I needed to go into work for a little while. My office ended up closing at 2pm, but I left a little sooner. Darrin was already gone and I didn't want to run into any problems especially since he was out of town. I knew it was going to be a rough drive home as I walked to my car.


Definitely the worst driving conditions I've ever driven in. It didn't help that my windshield wipers need to be replaced. I couldn't see. I had to stop several times and lean out over my windshield to scrap my wipers. They kept refreezing. 


I was very happy to pull onto my street.


My mom was still there to watch Carson, so Miles and I headed outside to play.






The next day we took Carson out for a little while. I need to be to more prepared before it snows again. He needs a proper snowsuit and some gloves. He's wearing Miles gloves just to keep the snow off of his hands. Despite his expression, I would say he kind of liked the snow. 


This is his "I'm happy but shy about it" face.


This picture made all the effort of going outside worth it.

 



 

 

Mason came to spend the night with Miles on Saturday night. Miles was more than a little excited. These two test the limits of personal space at all times.





 

The rest of the weekend was filled with junk food including a failed recipe and an oven catastrophe. The last time we used the oven something spilled out onto the bottom. I preheated the oven to bake a pizza for the boys. When I opened the door, smoked came out and filled the kitchen. We had to open doors and windows. I had to let the oven cool completely and then clean it before reheating to cook the pizza. What a pain. It was so bad that I had to wash my hair afterwards b/c it smelled like smoke.


The weekend also saw great sleeping and nap times by Carson. He actually didn't sleep that long either day, but he played in his crib for hours after waking up. Yesterday, he played for almost 2.5 hours before crying for us to come get him. I almost felt bad for leaving him in there that long, but it was clearly where he wanted to be. He just laid on his back and kicked around.


We played several games including Pokémon and Monopoly Deal.


And, I dried the snow clothes and straightened the laundry room over and over and over again.


The roads are still very slick and it's calling for more snow tonight. I'm pretty sure the boys will be out of school and daycare all week. Darrin and I will have to figure out a plan to take care of them. I like the snow a lot more when I get to stay home. Getting out to go to work tomorrow won't be much fun. Back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment