Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Girls Shopping Trip

Over the weekend, I went to Nashville to go Christmas shopping with five friends. We have all been counting down the days.


Two of us have moved away so it was a great time to get to hang out with my Martin friends. This was our second year to go. Last year, one friend brought several candles from Bath & Body Works early in the day. The mall makes a big circle so it's hard to run out to the car. We ended up taking turns carrying the candles around the mall b/c she was pregnant. This year's candles were large Buzz & Woody dolls from the Disney Store. Several of us go suckered by a good deal.


We finally made a trip to the car and unloaded just before this picture.


I love these girls. We stayed together for a while and then some would walk on. Occasionally we would text to find out where everyone was and meet back up. It was a very laid back kind of day.


I ended up doing more shopping for stuff we needed and less Christmas shopping. I didn't really have time to get my list together before the trip so it was really about the company for me.


After shopping, we went to dinner and back to our place to hang out. We rented a little place on the back of someone's house. Hotels in Nashville are outrageous and we thought this would be more comfortable for our group. It was perfect.


It was two story with a kitchen, fireplace, two bathrooms, and a cozy living room to hang out in. 


There were six places for people to sleep, which fit us perfectly.


When we all lived in Martin, we used to get together for each other's birthdays. Since we can't do that, we decided to celebrate them all while we were together. We had a Favorite Things party. We've done this before as a group and once again it did not disappoint. Since there were only five of us, we brought five of our favorite things so that we all got one of everything. We set our limit at $10 b/c that gives you more options. I wanted to take It's a 10 Lite leave in conditioner as my favorite thing, but after procrastinating I had to settle for Quixx. I knew it would be different, but I don't think many of my friends are really game players.


When I text Darrin on Sunday morning, he said that he had been woken up to Miles throwing up in our bed during the night. This continued for the next several hours. Also, Carson had a bad cough. After breakfast at Cracker Barrel and a few more shops, it was time to head home. We did some serious damage.


While we were in our last store, I started feeling badly. I was kind of tired and nauseous. By the time I drove home, I wasn't feeling great at all. I walked in the door to find two boys sick boys. Both had fevers. Miles was very puny and Carson was whiny. I took a little time to unpack the shopping bags and my suitcase and wipe down our bathroom...all the while very nauseous.


As you can predict, the stomach virus hit me within a couple hours. Darrin put Carson to bed and slept in the guest room. Miles and I stayed in my room and slept all night. Miles ended up sleeping for 14 hours total. I stayed home with the boys on Monday b/c we were all puny. Luckily, we were able to go back to work and school on Tuesday. It was a fun and then very rough weekend. For me, I would say that it was the toughest day to date with two kids. Darrin handled it like the super dad that he is. I wasn't surprised, but I was very thankful, especially when I discovered exactly how bad it had been. Until next year, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment