Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend consisted of baseball, volleyball, and a lot of help from Granny & Pa and Marmee. Unfortunately, I only got pictures of baseball and volleyball. Darrin had a home game on Friday night. It was the best crowd we've ever had. He's been working on attendance since he began three years ago. They played well overall, but still came up short.


He had another game on Saturday. I looked down during the game and Miles was sitting on the bench. I figured Darrin was okay with it, but I still went down to tell him not to talk to Darrin under any circumstances.


Darrin told me after the game that Miles asked him to move at one point b/c he couldn't see the game :)


Rewind back to Thursday night for a minute. We were up by a lot in our game, so Miles got to catch.


He caught for one inning and loved every minute of it.


He had to wear his uniform to Darrin's game on Saturday b/c his game was directly after. Someone asked him what position he played and he quickly answered, "catcher and third base". He hasn't played third base since mid spring. I guess he's not proud of center field, which is actually what he plays. I am though...he does a great job out there and I think it suites him well.


Miles had two games on Saturday night. The first game was supposed to start at 6 but it didn't get started until 7. Thankfully, my mom was home with Carson.


This group is a little Bad News Bears-ish, but they are improving!




Miles made a hard throw from center to home and started complaining about his arm right after the inning. He had the same arm issue in the spring. We pushed him through it, but it didn't get better until he had a few weeks off. We talked to the coach and his dream of being a catcher was realized again. We all thought that might be easier on his arm.


After talking to one of the trainers at Darrin's school, we decided not to let him play today. It was so tough though b/c we knew the team would be short. Miles was crying over it. We often question the legitimacy of his issues/injuries/illnesses....but this definitely felt legit especially since he knew exactly when it happened. The same trainer looked at it today and she thinks it's a tricep strain. He's going to sit out two games this week and next week there are no games due to fall break. Hopefully that will be just what he needs.


We also hope that a byproduct of making him sit out will be less crying wolf in the future. This should help him learn that if he complains too much that he will be sitting out. I can tell you, he did not enjoy that one bit today.

I also went to church tonight b/c the Voices of Lee were there. They were amazing. I have never heard such talent. No Longer Slaves and Beautiful Name were my favorites. Simply amazing that they are acapella. Check them out. They are definitely worth a listen. That's all for me. Good night, all! I hope your weekend was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment