Pages

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I Never Thought This Would Happen

Our house is full of early risers. Darrin generally wakes up and hits the ground running. I wake up early but like to lay in bed for a while before actually getting up. Although, working out at 5am, three days a week, has put a stop to my excessive use of the snooze button. Miles has always woken up early. When he was Carson's age, he would wake up between 5-6am on the weekends. It was painful. He's also like Darrin in that as soon as his eyes open, his feet hit the floor. Carson is more like me. Sometimes he will play in his crib for 30-45 minutes before he starts crying. That makes it so much easier on weekdays when Darrin travels and I have to get both kids out the door. I used to have to wake up so early when Miles was little. With Carson, I can usually get completely ready and then get him up.


When I woke up on Saturday, it looked like it was noon in my room. I reached for the phone and discovered that it was 7:30am, which might as well be noon in our house. Everyone was still sleeping! Miles and Carson have been sleeping later and later, and Carson has never been the early riser that Miles was, but he still usually wakes up between 6:30-7am. The boys didn't get out of bed until after 8am.


I'm sure we all needed it. I know Daylight Savings time will wreck us, so we'll just enjoy while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment