Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

Carson has been all out of sorts this week. After picking him up from daycare on Monday and acting fine, he's been all over the place. He's been screaming nonstop, red rash on his belly, very sleepy, and not as big of an appetite as usual. You notice I didn't say that he wasn't eating. That would crazy town for Carson. He's just not eating quite as much as usual.


Daycare even sent me this picture on Thursday. This was while he was waiting for lunch. The poor kid just hasn't been himself. I think he looks like an old man waiting for his wife at the mall.


My mom offered to come up on Thursday so that he could stay home with her on Friday. He took two long naps and seems to be a lot better now. I was, and still am a little, concerned about some lactose issues. I'm  really hoping though that it was just a virus working it's way through his system.


He's become quite the little fit thrower. Again I'm hoping that maybe he doesn't feel 100% and this too shall pass.


On Friday night, we surprised Miles with his birthday present a little early. We told him to get Darrin's glove out of the back of his car.


It took him a minute, but he finally noticed the enormous basketball goal. 


He was so surprised and sooooo happy & thankful. It was very sweet to hear him thank us. 


We had to give it to him a little early so that Darrin would have time to put it together before his party next weekend. He's not having a big party, just a few friends over to play basketball. The deal was, you can have a big party or get a basketball goal. So, he knew he was getting one, but he didn't know when.


When we opened the box, we realized that we bought the kind you put in the ground rather than the portable kind. Darrin went to exchange it and then we still tried to put it together that night.


We did as much as we could and then finally surrendered until morning.


Thank goodness my mom was still here to help with Carson while we worked to get it together. That was a huge help.


Finally, it was ready...


He was dying to have some friends over to play basketball. They played for around 15 minutes and then played Nerf guns for the remaining 3 hours :) I'm glad he has it though. I'm all for promoting outdoor activities.


Darrin's season slowly cranked up this weekend. Miles and I played Yahtzee and Golf while he was away.


Carson got into whatever he could. He's still not walking, but oh so close. He'll take a few steps, but isn't confident yet. I love how he sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating.


Time to go to bed so I can get up early and work out. Darrin was supposed to have to leave early in the morning which meant no work out for me. His plans changed, so I have to get motivated again. I've been on a streak, so I can't let it end.

No comments:

Post a Comment