Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

8 Year Check Up

I took Miles for his 8 year check up on Monday. He's been complaining of his stomach hurting and his tongue tingling for a couple weeks now. I blew him off a little, but he went to the school nurse one day last week and she was concerned enough to call me. When I asked her what could cause the numb/tingling tongue, she said the only thing that she could think of was low blood sugar. It was compelling enough for me to call the doctor that day.


He weighs 60lbs and is 4' 8'' tall. Both are between the 50-75th percentile. 


All his blood work came back good. She thinks his stomach issues are nerve related from being a Type A, perfectionist kind of kid. I'm not surprised by that, especially since I can relate, but I wanted to hear her confirm that instead of explaining away all of his symptoms. He is taking Zantac daily for a couple months to clear up any gastritis issues that he might have and also to help calm his nerves. She said the tongue was just something to watch since all of his blood work looked good. The visit felt very productive and I'm glad that we went. I'm glad he can have some help with his stomach too. On another note, he handled the finger prick like a champ. There's a first time for everything and that was definitely a first! When I told him they were going to do it, he just shrugged his shoulders, which is a very different scene than the usual hysteria that ensues. Our boy is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment