Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

We had such a busy weekend. I am exhausted, but we had fun. Miles had baseball practice on Friday night.


I could have dropped him off and let one of the coaches bring him home, but Carson and I decided to stay. 


The timing worked well with Carson's schedule, so I thought he would content. 


I was right. He sat on a blanket and played during the entire practice. It was a little chilly towards the end, but he kept his hood up the whole time. It actually works nicely that the jacket is 3 months. It's snug and stayed close to his head and ears.


After practice, Miles stayed up late and cheered Kentucky onto a win.


I walked in the kitchen for a minute and came back to this.


A field trip and baseball practice makes for a long day and one tired, little boy.


On Saturday, Miles went to a laser tag birthday party. He was in heaven.


Mason is in his class. Every time that Miles refers to Mason, he calls him "my best friend Mason". They are big buddies. I had never met his mom, so I was happy to go to the party and get to know his family.


When Miles goes to a birthday party, he thinks the birthday kid is there only for him. He's always been like that. In fact, I think I written that on this blog before. He was practically glued to Mason all afternoon.


Today, Miles had a baseball scrimmage with his travel team. It poured rain last night, so I was very surprised that we played.


It turned out to the be the perfect day to kick back and watch baseball.


The third hit of the game came to Miles. He fielded it and made a perfect throw to first to get the kid out. The whole day wasn't like that, but I sure was proud of him.


He held his own at third and made some good plays in center field too.


Miles really seems to love baseball. He is making some great friends too. Miles and Drake...


Miles and Will...



One of the moms came up to me afterward and said that Miles has been really sweet to her son, who is younger and doesn't know anyone. I sure love to hear of him being kind....nothing more important than that.  


Speaking of kind...Stephanie was kind enough to watch Carson all afternoon so I didn't have to take him to the games. I think he rather enjoyed his time with Stephie.


He wasn't lacking for attention with her nephews there.


In other news, Carson revolted against baby food this weekend. I don't know what in the world went wrong, but he would freak out about half way into the first jar at every feeding. Because of that, he got to try some new foods and loved them all...broccoli, watermelon, sweet potatoes, green beans, mac and cheese, and oatmeal. I think he wants real food. His teacher said that she's not ready for that b/c he's the faster, cleanest eater in the class. Way to go, Carson! He really is the neatest eater I've ever seen.


Darrin was out of town all weekend and we've missed him. I've held down the fort to the best of my ability, but I'm ready for my helper to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment