Pages

Monday, March 20, 2017

The First Day of Spring

Based on my Facebook page, it seems that everyone celebrated the first day of spring with a free ice cream cone from Dairy Queen, but we don't have a DQ in our little town so we just played outside. We came straight home from work, school, and daycare and Carson & I took a walk while Miles rode his bike.


Miles typically only rides up and down the driveway, so he was happy to be able to ride on the street. Our street is a dead end with only 14 houses, but he's not quite ready to navigate it by himself yet.


Carson just looked around the whole time. He really only smiled with Miles talked to him, but I could tell that he was enjoying it. He does this thing when he's happy or excited where he moves his hands and fingers, like when babies learn to wave bye bye, except his palms are up. He did that almost the entire walk.


We sat in the swing for a while. This is what I imagined when we decided to buy this house...sitting on the front porch watching Miles play in the yard. I just never imagined that I'd be holding another little boy :)


Not a fan of this pic of me, but I couldn't pass up Carson's sweet face.


He sat up for a while watching Miles and then he just laid down on my leg. It was the sweetest. 


We finished the night by throwing baseballs while Carson jumped in his exersaucer on the front porch.


It's so much fun now that Carson is eating more and sleeping longer b/c he is able to go for longer without both things. We got home at 5:30pm and I didn't feed either of them until after 7pm.


Yesterday I spent most of my afternoon cooking all of our meals for the week. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the beautiful weather when we got home instead of cooking dinner. We played all evening and then I we ate a salad while I warmed up grilled chicken, zucchini, and squash. I tend to get overwhelmed in the evenings when Darrin has practice, but solving the dinner problem takes a huge weight off. I feel like I was able to spend quality time with the boys, eat a healthy meal, handle bath time, get the boys to sleep and still have a little time before I am able to get in bed at a decent time. Feeling rather accomplished tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment