Pages

Friday, February 24, 2017

Sick Baby

While I was out of town this week, Darrin text me to say that Carson had a pretty significant cough. We agreed that he might want to call the doctor. I thought they would just say that he had some congestion, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Sometimes I'm too laid back and lately that hasn't worked in my favor.

As a side note, he weighed 18lbs 8oz at the visit. She said that he had inflamed bronchials and a bad ear infection in his right ear, and that it was good we brought him in when we did b/c it appeared that we caught it early.


She gave him a steroid shot and a breathing treatment while he was there and sent him home with breathing treatments, antibiotics, and a steroid. I did not expect that! When I walked in the door last night from my trip, his fever was up to 103.3. It had just shot up. He was also a little shaky from the breathing treatments and his heart was beating out of his chest. It was unsettling. Darrin was gone for the night and Carson had been taken care of well by Darrin's mom, but had just gone downhill so fast.


I gave him some Motrin and a lukewarm bath. His fever came down quickly. He managed to get a little sleep and woke up fever free.


I stayed home with him today. He didn't run a fever all day. He was so fussy and cranky all day though. I don't know if he feels bad or if the medicine is making him irritable. It's so hard to know when they are little. He played like this for a total of an hour all morning. I spent the rest of the day trying to console him. Unfortunately, nothing made him happy.


He's had all his medicine and treatments and he's down for the night. Praying he wakes up much happier tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment