Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

My internet is acting up, so the goal is to get through this quickly before I'm tempted to through the computer out the window. M..kay? We got some snow on Friday. School and daycare were cancelled, so Darrin stayed home with the boys while I went to work. This is my busy time and his slow time so it works out. 


Miles played out in the snow for an hour while I was at work, which means I wasn't there to supervise him getting ready for freezing cold temperatures outside. This was Miles' idea of "layers"...a t-shirt and two sleeveless t-shirts on top. Granted, he had on a sweatshirt over them and then a coat, but still. This was the face I got when I tried to explain that his layers weren't really effective.


Just a usual Friday night around here...working jigsaw puzzles. We finished this 1,000 piece puzzle around 11:30pm even though I knew it was a mistake to stay up that late while still having an infant that likes to cry in the middle of the night.


Saturday morning, Darrin cooked breakfast and we all hung out at the table. Carson has been joining us for meals more and more. It's so fun to watch him grow up. I love a baby in a high chair. I don't know what it is.


Playing in the snow falls under my parenting responsibility. Darrin despises cold weather and so I took one for the team.


We invited some friends from church to come play in the snow and sled on Saturday b/c I'm no replacement for three fun friends.


Miles really likes playing with Kaitlyn, Jaiden, and Martin. They are totally his speed, fun, but not crazy wild. 


Even though a lot of the snow had melted, we found a hill that was perfect for sledding. We bought some sleds and discs last winter and never got anymore snow. We were ready this time. The discs are where it's at. I even had some fun. 


Carson enjoyed hanging in the warm house with Darrin.


Saturday night, we got a babysitter and went out with our friends, Rachel and Travis. They have two small kids, so it's been a long time since we've been able to hang out. This picture with the bottles in the background pretty much sums it up.


There are few people in this world that you can be 100% yourself around and the four of us absolutely have that kind of friendship. A good time was had by all.


This morning we celebrated our church's one year birthday. We were asked to speak about what the church has meant to us. I really, really do not like speaking in front of people, but I make exception when it's talking about what the Lord has done for us. He has been so kind to place us in a church that we absolutely love. As I said this morning, our church has made all the difference in our move. 


I managed to get through this post and the computer is still in tact. I better hit publish and run. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment