Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

Two Programs

Miles had his Veteran's Day program at school on Friday. I was off work but wasn't planning on going. The invitation said "For Veterans and their families." I took that to mean they didn't have room for everyone.


When I was helping him get ready for school that morning, he asked if I was going. When I told him no, he started to cry. He had been singing the songs around the house for weeks, but he never acted like it was a big deal if I was there. I text his teacher and she of course said it was fine for everyone to come. They did a great job and I was glad that I went. He was so happy to have me there.


Until it was time for me to leave...and then he got really upset. He always gets upset when whomever is visiting has to leave, but this day he was especially sad. He is finally getting to the age where it's uncool for your friends to see you cry, so he put his Veteran's Day picture in front of his face. I love the way the girl next to him is looking at him. I can't tell if it's sympathy or if she thinks he's crazy.


Tonight he had his first Little Dribblers' practice. Little Dribblers learn basketball skills, but they don't play games. They perform their skills routine at one middle school basketball game and one high school basketball game.


The elementary school has a separate basketball leave that does play games. He signed up to play, but he recently changed his mind when presented with the facts about practices and games. We were able to back out before they got started. Thankfully, I had enough foresight to see that he was not going to want to leave the house every Saturday morning to go play a basketball game. He never once complained about baseball. In fact, he got mad if a practice was cancelled or a game was rained out. Basketball is much different.


He's just not a basketball fan. As proven by tonight. He did not want to go at all. I think it was a combination of him being nervous and just wanting to stay home. He did a good job, but it was obvious that he could care less about it. He just went through the motions from start to finish.


In other news, this little guy is still really cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment