Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Less Words Wednesday

Go Cubs!


So, we aren't really Cubs fans....Darrin recruits a lot around the Chicago area. They are serious about their sports and they like to outfit our boys for every sport.


Miles had a pumpkin decorating contest at school. You couldn't carve the pumpkin or cut off the stem because it made them stink. We flipped the script and bought a fake pumpkin at Target. The strategy was two fold. We were able to cut the stem off to fit our design and it was lighter for him to carry into school by himself.


It was assigned as family project so we I could help. He still did the majority of the work himself. It was a lot of fun to work on together. It took us several steps over 4-5 days. Turns out there was another gumball machine and Pikachu took 1st place. If I had know that the kids were judging our strategy would have been a little different. #competitivefamily 


A quick meal planning idea for you. When you make tacos, double the meat and have nachos a couple nights later. Spread tortilla chips on the bottom, cover with the leftover meat (warmed up), top with cheese and bake for 5 minutes at 350. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. Your family will love you. My side is the one with the tomatoes. Darrin and Miles are crazy and don't like them.


Miles' last fall baseball game is tomorrow night. They haven't won a game all season. It's tough being a team full of 7 year olds in the 8 & Under division. We'll get them next year. {wink, wink, fingers crossed}


Darrin had a rare night off. That's a lap full of happy boys.


Today marks two weeks back at work. I've been making it ok, but I do miss Carson like crazy. After being with him and taking care of him for 3 months, it's been an adjustment to be away. I keep a picture of his smiling face on my computer to help me get through the day. Of course I miss Miles too, but I know my big boy is thriving at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment