Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Happy Birthday Miles!

Today is Miles 7th birthday. We have been celebrating all weekend, which is exactly what I like to do for birthdays. Friday night was his birthday party with friends. Before we left for the party, he opened a few gifts from family. He was very happy with two Nerf guns, some money, and a few other gifts.


I was impressed that he took the time to read a birthday card. Of course, the card had money it in, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.


Granny and Marmee offered to stay home with Carson during the party. We wanted them to see him open their gifts and Miles was very anxious to tear into a few, so he quickly obliged. 




Then, it was time to head to the party. The original plan was to have a Nerf gun war outside at our house. Unfortunately, it rained pretty much nonstop all week. So, the party was moved to one of the gym's at Darrin's school.  Because the party was moved about 25 minutes away, I offered to take any kids that wanted to ride with us. I had two takers. These boys should be in an advertisement for hair products.


The gym was a rough backdrop, but I did the best I could to make it festive.


All the boys got a gun and goggles. Miles put a lot of thought into which gun to buy for everyone. He wanted to make sure he didn't buy bullets that hurt. Sadly, the best laid plans don't always work out like you hoped.


Turns out, the kind of bullet doesn't really matter. It's all about the force of the gun and these guns were pretty powerful. 


All I have to say is thank goodness I took the advice on Pinterest and bought goggles. I got hit in the face once and it did not feel good.


They seemed to have a good time (in spite of the pain) and they didn't get bored with the guns like I thought they might. We only had a few tears and no injuries.


This was Miles' first party with friends from Medina. It was cute to see the friendships he's made. He has some really nice friends and we really like their parents too. 









Cupcakes and presents were a nice break from the Nerf war.




I think Miles' love language is quality time, but 'gifts' has to be a close second. 


This is the look you give when your Aunt Crystal buys the DS game you've been wanting. Happiness.



One of his presents was a football, so that was a perfect thing to play while the party was wrapping up and we were waiting on parents to arrive. On the way home, I asked if he had fun. He said, "Kind of, but I don't want to do that again b/c the bullets hurt." Don't worry, son, I don't want to do that again either. Even though there were only 8 boys there, it was the wildest party. I didn't really think this one through. I guess you kind of ask for it when you buy 8 boys Nerf guns and tell them to shoot each other. I think it might have been a little different if we were able to have it at our house. Nonetheless, another party is in the books.


This morning, Miles opened two presents from us.


A St. Louis Cardinals hat that he's been wanting...


And a new baseball glove just in time for fall baseball season which begins on Tuesday. I'm all about practical gifts that have to be purchased anyway :) I know he would have much preferred a video game or some sort of gun or weapon, but he seemed to like what we got him.


This is what Carson thought of the presents...


Miles has been asking when we could go out to eat and take Carson. I think it's a big deal to him to go out somewhere as a family with his little brother. So, we went to Walmart this morning for him to spend some birthday money that's been burning a hole in his wallet and then went to breakfast. He was so proud to have Carson in the booth next to him.


In keeping with tradition, a little birthday quiz.

Favorite movie: Star Wars
Favorite song: Sugar by Robin Schulz
Favorite color: Red
Favorite sport: Baseball
Best friend: Tyler
Favorite thing to do with Dad: Cut the yard
Favorite thing to do with Mom: Cook
Favorite thing to do with Carson: Hang out
What do you want to be when you grow up: A contractor
Favorite thing about school: Nothing
Do you have a girlfriend: Yes, Adelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment