Sunday, June 26, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend started with a little mother-son date to the donut shop before work & daycare on Friday.  I usually don't take him to daycare but I had to on Thursday & Friday b/c Darrin had volleyball camp both days. I told him we would go on Thursday, but he didn't get ready in time, so we couldn't go.  He's used to Darrin's very loose schedule and could not seem to understand that I was not kidding when I said that if he wasn't ready by a certain time that would not be able to go.  It was not a fun parenting moment having to stick to my word, which resulted in a very unhappy little boy with lots of tears and a huge tantrum almost all the way to daycare.  Thankfully, he learned from it and got ready on time the next day so we were able to go to the donut shop on Friday morning.  As we got in the car to leave the house that day he said, "Today was a much better morning."  I agree.

Friday night, Miles got to play glow in the dark dodge ball at Darrin's volleyball camp.  He got to do this last year too and he could not wait to play again.

Hard to see from the pic, but the girls are holding Miles horizontally.  They are so good to him.

I didn't sleep well on Friday night, so I laid down in the sun room to take a short nap on Saturday.  When I woke up Miles was right beside me.  He is often a daddy's boy, but times like this remind me how much he loves to be near me.  He pulled two chairs right beside the couch and the footstool is in between them. This boy melts my heart.

I walked back by later and he had moved himself to my spot on the couch.  Apparently, a late night of dodge ball got the best of him. 

Darrin had a full day of camp on Saturday so he asked Miles to water some grass that we've been trying to grow. He amazes me at how competent he can be. He went outside all by himself and did exactly what he's watched Darrin do. 

I spent Saturday cleaning the house, doing laundry, and cooking for a family in our small group that just had a baby. I don't know if it was the lack of sleep from the night before, our lunch from Sonic, or the fact that I overdid it, but by late afternoon, I felt terrible.  I absolutely could not do anything else.  Darrin's parents were coming down to spend the night and go to church with us and I was stuck in bed all night.  Darrin & Miles enjoyed their visit while I stayed in bed basically from 5pm until this morning. It wasn't fun, but they are very gracious and I don't ever have to worry about them not understanding.

We all went to church this morning and then out to lunch.  It was the first time for them to attend our church & we were happy to have them there. 

Darrin & I took naps this afternoon while Miles enjoyed some down time watching the pre-events to Shark Week.  It dawned on me today that our days of being to take a nap at the same time while our self sufficient child does his own thing are about to come to an end.  I don't mind getting up in the night, but waking up at the crack of dawn on the weekends and not getting a nap are a different story!  The rest of my house is sleeping and I'm going to try to join them. My long nap today may complicate being able to fall asleep but it's time to give it a try.  Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment