Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Baby Shower & Father's Day

We spent the weekend at my mom's house.  I had a baby shower for baby boy Carson.  I was in love with this decoration.  There's just something about seeing your baby's name.


My niece, Sarah, organized the shower.


I received the best gifts.  There was such a good combination of practical and fun. 


I instructed my niece to only take flattering pictures :) As if there is such a thing when you are getting on up in your pregnancy.  But, I do like the pics with gifts in front of me...


I have a ton of clothes for Carson already, but a shower would not be complete without a some adorable onesies and sleepers.  My mother-in-law has bought him a ton of precious clothes.


These say "Little Brothers Drool" and "Big Brothers Rule".  Miles smiled big when we showed him.


My mom made this.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  The fabric is so soft and each square of fabric is the cutest.  There are foxes, bow ties, astronauts, and the colors are perfect.  I just love it.


We had a great crowd of family & friends.


 




One of my high school friends, Jeanine, was able to come to the shower.  We haven't seen each other in 10+ years.  She just moved back to our hometown. It was great to catch up.  Another high school friend stopped by before the shower and visited for a little while.  I love my high school friends.  We randomly text or catch up on FB after months of not talking and we never miss a beat.  The bond I have with them is definitely special. 


While the shower was going on, Darrin, Miles, and Darrin's dad went to Dave & Busters to celebrate Father's Day. This picture is so classic.


Pa & Darrin both got Father's Day questionnaires instead of cards. 


They are always crowd pleasers.  



I wish I had a picture of Pa's.  I do remember it talked a lot about fishing.  This is Darrin's.  My two favorite lines are "His favorite thing to say is I want ice cream" and "I love my dad because he's a good person".  It doesn't get any better than that.


Happy Father's Day to these two.  We love you both very, very much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment