Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

20"ish" Week Baby Update

I was 20 weeks last Sunday, so technically I'm closer to 21 but who's counting?  I am!  Time is going by much quicker this time, but it can never go fast enough.  We went to the doctor this morning for my 20 week check up and full ultrasound where they check everything.  It was a good visit and the baby looks great!  No concerns.  Now, the last check point that we need to get through is the full ultrasound and heart scan at the high risk doctor.  That happens in a couple of weeks.  If we get through that without any concerns, we just wait for baby to arrive and I do my best to keep him in until term.  Doctor's office selfie...


I took this baby bump picture a few minutes ago...so at the end of the day...hence the camera covering my face.


I've been very concerned that I'm much bigger this time. I actually weigh less but my stomach feels huge. After looking back at my 21 week pic with Miles, I was somewhat relieved.  Doesn't look that much different to me.  And, apparently my belly grew really fast around this time with Miles.  Not that I care to get as big as I did with Miles, but at least I know I'm not any bigger at this point.  When you are 5' tall, that's just what happens.


In other news, we've been in the middle of remodeling Miles' bathroom.  We used the same contractor that did our addition for some of it, and then I decided I would do the painting. That was a good idea when we planned this and I was barely pregnant. Now, with the back pain and contractions, it has not been good at all.  Thankfully, we are almost finished.  I can't believe I did this, but I didn't take any before pictures.  I searched through some pictures that we've taken since we've been in the house and found two pics.  This one shows the tub, but doesn't really do it justice.  In person, it was a much darker almond color rather than the ivory it appears to be.


I was actually taking a before picture of the hallway before we put down hardwood and installed a new light fixture.  But you can see the dark floor and the chocolate walls, which weren't much lighter even with the bathroom light on.  It was by far the darkest room in the house.


We still have some work to do so this isn't a full reveal, but Miles is loving his new tub.  I can't remember the last time he played in the tub for 30 minutes.  I just love how bright and clean it looks.  When I get the walls finished, the mirror installed, and the shower curtain up, I'll post some more pics.


Someone is ready for his first baseball game on Saturday...


I will definitely be back this weekend to post pictures of the cutest little baseball player I've ever seen. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment