Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Mom Fail

We need a little context before I discuss my major mom fail moment from today.  Two nights ago, we had Chicken Lettuce Wraps for dinner.  We had some chicken left over that I thought would be good for Miles' lunch.  Since I already had his lunch made for the next day, I decided to put the chicken in his lunch container and pack the rest of it later.

Fast forward to this morning. Miles came in my bathroom and told me that he packed his lunch, which amounts to him getting the container out of the frig and putting it in his lunch box with the freezer pack and a water.  I told him I was proud of him for taking care of that himself, since that's something we've been working on, and sent him on his way.

Tonight at dinner I asked how his chicken was at lunch because I had never packed cold left over chicken before....and he said, "ALL I HAD WAS CHICKEN!"  So, this is what my poor child had for lunch...


A completed lunch should have looked like this...


As soon as he said that he only had chicken, I knew exactly what happened.  I apologized and he forgave my mistake.  He actually handled it very well.  We talked about how to handle situations like that when mom messes up, b/c it will happen again.  I gave him permission to do whatever he had to do in the event that I forgot his lunch or a snack in the future.  He has money on his lunch account and carries extra ice cream money at all times.  I obviously feel bad when things like this happen, but I don't beat myself up about it b/c that's just life.  In my opinion, kids must learn that things don't always go perfectly.  People mess up, including moms and dads.

P.S. If you pack lunch for your kids, these containers are the way to go. It has cut my packing time down by a lot because I'm not fooling with a thousand Ziploc bags and plastic containers.  There reason I went to these was b/c Miles was not eating his lunch.  I think opening 5-6 different things was frustrating him, especially in the short amount of time they have to eat.  I highly recommend these and these.

No comments:

Post a Comment