Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up & a Construction Update

We had a fun weekend with Crystal, Steve, and the girls. They came to spend Friday night with us so Crystal and I could shop on tax free weekend.  This was the first time they had been to our house, so we were excited to show them around.  After a quick tour of the house, things got a little crazy.  We ended up in some sort of gymnastics talent show.  Crystal and I tried to show them how handstands and headstands were done, but then we remembered that we were old.


Miles can do a mean cartwheel. He worked on his handstand most of the night and did a pretty good job. 


Ava working on her cartwheel....


On Saturday, we shopped until we dropped. Crystal had much better luck than I did, but we had so much fun. We just did whatever we wanted and didn't get in a hurry about it.  I see this becoming an annual event.


The rest of the weekend was packed with stuff too, but I'd rather talk about what's going on with our house.  The brick is on!  We knew we couldn't get brick to match exactly, and even if we did, it wouldn't match the rest since it's 20 years old.  Seeing the difference has been concerning for me, but as the mortar continues to dry, I'm slowing coming around to it.  


The pictures make the discrepancy worse than it actually is, in my opinion.  I love the knew shape of the house.


The hallway leading to our bedroom is coming together.  It was hard to imagine how it would look. I was scared it would be too long and feel out of place, but I actually think it looks normal.  The door leading to the patio was supposed to be a window. I'm so glad we changed it. I think it's going to good from the patio and be very functional.


The first coat of paint is on the walls in our bedroom.  It looks a little turquoise in this picture, but it actually leans more towards navy. It was a little bit of a gamble for me, but I really like it.


The shower floor has been tiled. Just waiting on the grout and white subway tile on the walls.


My tub is in!  It is just like the tub at our last house, which I LOVED.   I cannot wait to have this back.


The first coat of paint is on in the sun room and the floor is down. I really like the tones in the floor, but I wish I would have gone with a 16" tile instead of 13".  Once I get the rugs down and furniture back in, I'm sure it won't make any difference to me.


I have to be honest, I'm reaching the end of my rope with the house.  I'm trying to just hang on and chill out until it's finished, but I just want a clean house with all my stuff where it belongs.  They were supposed to be finished by the end of August, but I don't see that happening. We've run into a major issue with the kitchen floor, which was a room that wasn't supposed to be touched. Deep breaths.  Just reminding myself daily that a month or two more is not very long in the scheme of things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment