Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mexico - Part IV

Our last full day in Mexico, Steve, Crystal, and the girls went on an all day excursion.  We spent the morning hanging out around the main pavilion area. We are all early risers, which tends to leave some time to kill in the morning between breakfast and the beach.  I'm just not ready to hang out at the beach or pool at 8am in the morning.  So, we checked out some of the animals that were on the resort...

We also rested and talked in the shade. Darrin & I were excited about our move at this point so we spent time talking about that and the work that awaited us when we got home.

We also walked to the ruins that were located on the resort.

Miles took approximately 100 pictures of the iguanas...

 ...and a couple of us.  He's actually pretty good at taking pictures. He tells us where to stand and when to smile.

Finally, it was time to go to the beach. Miles played in the sand forever.  It's such a nice treat when he occupies himself.  

Then, he wanted to be buried in the sand.

We had early dinner reservations that night, so we went back to the room to get ready.  The first two days we encouraged Miles to take a bath and get in his bed to watch his DVD player, knowing he would fall asleep and take a quick nap. Both days we had to wake him up before he was ready. He's like me and when he's exhausted, he just cries for no reason & can't function. So, then we figured out that if we let him play in the bath tub the whole time we are getting ready, he will stay awake and be ready for dinner. It was a much better plan.

We had reservations at the Brazilian restaurant that night.  We love Texas de Brazil at home, so we had high hopes. No such luck.

Darrin thought some of it was ok, but Miles and I didn't really like anything except the dessert.

We walked around for a while after dinner and then called it a night.

We didn't have to leave for the airport until noon, so we just lounged around and killed time that morning.

It was a great trip and the kids made some great memories. The weather was absolutely perfect.  Looking back I realize that the move was weighing heavy on my mind during the trip.  While I had a great time, I wasn't able to relax completely.  I hardly slept at all the last three nights, and we've already discussed how well I function on lack of sleep.  Admittedly, I was a little cranky with my family during the trip.  What I wouldn't give to have a day on the beach now!  After a vacation, no matter how good it is, I will always be ready to come home.  We had a very long day of travel and flight delays on the way home.  We walked in the door in the wee hours of the morning to a house full of boxes. Nevertheless it was good to be home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment