Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

7 Things

1)  I've been trying to post a weekend wrap up for 3 days, but our internet is a little spotty out here in the country.  Since it's Wednesday, I thought I would just recap with a numbered list.  Something must give with this internet situation. hint, hint, cough, cough, Darrin...

2) This is the current state of our house.


Sheet rock dust is the worst. I've kept my composure during this whole process, but the dust is on every surface, including inside kitchen cabinets that were closed.  How does that happen?  It will all be worth it...repeat....repeat...

3) Miles spent last weekend with Granny & Pa.  He sent Pa a text on Thursday asking if they could go fishing.


How could Pa say no to that?



And Granny can't say no to this...


4)  We joined a gym. While Miles was away for the weekend we worked out together. Well, at the same time, not really together. It felt like old times, before Miles, when we used to work out for 1-2 hours a day, 6 days a week.  I really should have used that time to sit on the couch.


My plan is to work out at home as much as possible.  I've been using the HIIT Interval Training Timer app and it's been working for me.  I need to push myself a little harder, but something is better than nothing right now.  Darrin was not loving the work out at home thing, so he found a gym.  I went ahead and joined b/c it wasn't that much more for both of us.  If I go every now and then, that will be good enough.  And they have a pool so there's that.

5)  Miles had superhero day at school.  He has twin friends at school, Hannah Kate & Anna Marie.  He loves them dearly. This is one of them.



6)  We spruced up our garage over the weekend.  Before...


After...


I saw this same garage makeover on a blog via Pinterest.  We spray painted our light fixtures and ordered the decorative hinge set all for less than $30. The hinges and handles are actually magnets that easily come on and off.  My only complaint is that the handles don't really have a good place on our garage door.  Within a square panel, they were either too high or too low. I'm not crazy with where they landed, but it definitely looks better than anything else we tried.  Overall, I think it's a nice improvement for $30.

7)  Glow in the dark baths never get old. 


They are perfect for a sad little boy that is struggling with the fact that his last day of daycare is Friday.  Me too, Miles, me too.  Hopefully I'll be back with a report on how Miles and I cope on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment