Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter Fun

When it comes to blogging about holidays, I almost always drag my feet.  There are always so many pictures to go through, edit, and post.  Coming up with some sort of recap that does the pictures justice always feels like a lot of work.  So, I'm basically just getting this post out of the way so we can move on to more meaningful posts, like how Miles told his teacher that he got his passport today (true) and that he was leaving for Mexico tomorrow at 5:30 (no true).  We'll get to that another day....for now, it's an overload of Easter fun.

Saturday, we went to an Easter egg hunt at church.  It kind of cracks me up that a lot of people get bent out of shape about Santa Claus, but yet churches host Easter egg hunts.  Ironic.  It's all good to us, we're friends with Santa and the Easter bunny.





It was really chilly and our kid had on no socks.  He seemed unfazed. 











Always picking flowers for me...




This is the face of a little boy that only found 10 eggs. He was so passive about hunting for eggs. Darrin was yelling at him like Easter egg hunting was a sport.  I had to remind the coach to settle it down.


He found so few eggs as compared to the other kids that the Children's Minister let him get some extra from the stash.  It doesn't hurt that they are BFFs.



Easter morning he found some Mystery Peeps in the mailbox beside his bed....


....and an Easter basket downstairs....


Little boys that consistently wake their moms up at around 4am get clocks in their Easter baskets.  And, I'm proud to say that I haven't been woken up a day since.


I took my camera to church b/c I knew my friends would be stylin' and I love them all so much :)  I wouldn't let Miles touch Bane b/c of the Fifths disease, which isn't contagious without fever, but still.  Miles was not happy about it at all.


Have you ever seen a more coordinated family on Easter??  Well done, friends.



Miles' Sunday School class...



 

Our Sunday School leaders, John & Tori...



After church, we went to Crystal & Steve's house for lunch and another Easter egg hunt.



DO NOT get in Brandon's way when he sees gummies.  Can't say I blame him.


Miles was a lot more successful during this hunt. I really think it's b/c he was more comfortable with the crowd.  Although, when it was time to eat I found him hanging out in the garage by himself b/c he said there were too many people inside and that he was shy.  Poor kid really does get nervous in settings like that.  I can relate.


Olivia had a reserve bucket on her back in case she found the mother lode.  You can never be too prepared.



A little fishing before it was time to head home.


Our day ended with Darrin driving to work later in the evening to meet a recruit that had just flown in, and Miles & I did a little mission project with my SS class.  What better way to celebrate Easter than to hang out with some new people and tell them about God's love and salvation plan for our lives.  We passed out food, painted faces and finger nails, played, and our pastor did some magic tricks.  It was great.

Nothing says Easter like a skull on each cheek.  Totally his request and I have no idea where it came from.


Hope your family had a wonderful Easter praising the one true God!

No comments:

Post a Comment