Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready for some special guests.  My mom, my brother, Dave, and sister-in-law, Emily, came to Martin to pick up a mattress that my mom bought the last time she was here.  We knew it would be a quick trip but we were still excited to see them all.  Miles occupied himself while I took a shower and got ready.  I love when he plays by himself. It makes me so happy.


My first tote from Le Tote arrived.  Of the five items, I liked three of them.  I wore the earrings and cardigan on Saturday.  Nothing fancy, but this is actually a little different for me.


Aunt Emily reading Bible stories to Miles from the new Bible he got last week...


Since they would be here during lunch, I whipped up a few things.  It was meant to be a light lunch since they would be traveling home afterwards. We had a baked potatoes, salad, lunch meat roll ups, veggies with dip, and the peanut butter and Hersey Kiss cookies I made the night before.  Miles took this picture while we were eating. Not bad for a five year old. He can't help the angle, after all.


It's been a long time since we've seen Marmee b/c she was in Florida...then it snowed...then we were all sick. Miles was very happy to see her.  Not so happy about the short visit when she left.


My mom knows one of the ways to Darrin's heart is through coffee.  This is what you call the hook up...


 Miles was quick to follow Uncle Dave outside after lunch to help secure the mattress.



Miles was a little sad after they left so we turned his frown upside down with popcorn and a movie.



I also did a little resale shopping this weekend.  Not particularly smart when you are moving and don't know what you will need in your future house, but who can't use a few side chairs?  I bought two like the one to the right of the couch. 


I also bought this desk.  I LOVE it.  My mom is going to help me repair and refinish it. I can't wait to get started.  Sure hope the new house has a special place for it.


Speaking of houses, we went to look at another house this afternoon that is very intriguing.  It has the PERFECT place for the desk, among other things.  We are trying to just be patient as we walk through this adventure.  As much as I like to look at houses, it would be a shame to find the 'one' so quickly.  Although, the fun of house hunting is dampened a bit when you have to drive 50 minutes to the town where you are moving.  Nevertheless.... It was a great weekend. Hope yours was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment