Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Thoughts for Today

Miles woke up Monday morning with a terrible rash on his cheeks. He's never had Fifths Disease, but the thought crossed my mind b/c you always see that Illness Alert posted at daycare.


I asked his teachers when I picked him up that afternoon and they confirmed that's what it looked like. Apparently you aren't contagious after your fever goes away, and that's when the rash appears.  It looked even worse this morning, but started disappearing towards the end of the day.


I went to a local consignment sale over the weekend. It was really picked over because I went on the third day. The only item of clothing I bought was a Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirt for Miles to sleep in for $1.50.  I did pick up this Leap Pad for $10. It came with 4 games & books.  Miles really likes it. Some of the games are too advanced for him, but he is very entertained by the ones that are age appropriate.


A couple months ago, Miles graduated to a big bed. We wanted him to have more room to stretch out, and I also wanted to have another big bed in our house for guests. I've been waiting until he was out of the bed wetting phase. He's still not 100%, but he's good enough.  I knew when we bought him a bigger bed, I wanted to spring for Pottery Barn bedding. Miles picked out the Marvel quilt, but it was back ordered for a long time. Batman was his second choice. I have to say, after holding out for so long to buy this, knowing it was exactly what I wanted, in the end it is only okay for me.  I really like it, but I don't love it.  He seems to like it, so that's good enough for me.  I did a Pinterest project and wrapped the box springs in material. It was a bigger job than I thought, but I like it and I don't have to mess with a bed skirt.  I ordered the bed frame from Overstock and I'm very pleased with it.  I still need to get a new nightstand & lamp.


It was a beautiful day yesterday.  We ate outside for the first time this year.  Miles likes to eat outside during the summer, b/c he's usually playing outside when it's time to eat and he likes to keep an eye on his friends and make sure they don't go inside.  He bosses them from the deck...telling them to play on the trampoline or wait in his tree house. 


I'm not mentioning any names, but someone has WAY too many toys...


There is going to be a major purge if & when we move.


The three of us looked at seven houses in Medina today and we didn't like any of them. The lots are tiny, there are no trees, no detached garages, no pools, and apparently no one cooks in Medina b/c the kitchens are very small.  Let me rephrase, there are none of these things in our price range.  The whole day was a reality check.  The bottom line is that we are moving away from Martin, my home for the last 20 years and Darrin's for the last 14, and things are going to be different. The town is different, the neighborhoods are different, the people are different.  It was a little disheartening, but we are both confident that different isn't bad, it's just different.  Change takes some time. We believe wholeheartedly that God has chosen this path for us. And....I'm sure He is okay with my struggle.  Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to look for a kitchen that I love as much as mine...sniff, sniff...


After house hunting for us, I showed our house to someone.  Then, we ate dinner and played with Miles' Batman Caves together, even though it looks like they are leaving me out...


I feel certain that Miles' love tank was full after just an hour of playing together.


Such a simple way to make him incredibly happy. We should take the time to do this more often. All we really had to do was lay beside him while he played.  He never likes how I play anyway. No matter where I put something, he will always move it or tell me how it should be. I noticed tonight that he doesn't do that with Darrin.  I guess they understand boy stuff. 


We are looking at another house tomorrow that is for sale by owner.  Really hoping it gives us some hope even if it's not the one.  It's been a long day & it's time for me to crawl in bed and watch a little TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment