Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

We're So Thrifty & How to Draw Books

This makes me laugh.  As I was glancing through the sledding pictures from yesterday, I noticed a little trend.  We went sledding last year & this year with our friends, Christa & Jordan.  It's hard to tell that the pictures were taken a year apart, b/c we all have on the exact same outfits.  Jackets, pants, boots, hats...almost all of it is exactly the same.

Christa & Jordan last year...


Christa & Jordan this year...


Last year...


This year...


It doesn't end there.  This picture was taken on a ski trip in 2007.  Yes, 8 years ago. Coming from the person who likes to have a new, appropriate outfit for every occasion, this is hysterical to me. Clearly, I'm much thriftier than I give myself credit for!



On to a great snow day activity when it's too cold to go outside. I rarely feel that it's too cold for kids to play outside, but we currently have a Wind Chill Advisory in effect.  The wind chill is projected to dip down to -12.  No thank you.

I checked out some 'How to Draw' books from the library last year & Miles loved them.  I really enjoy them too.  Finding something we enjoy playing together is always a bonus.  We bought Miles two How to Draw books for Christmas...Pets & Monsters...


...and my mom bought him this one...


I like all three of them.  Pros & cons. The ones I bought were a little cheaper.  The one that my mom bought shows the finished picture in color, which makes it fun to color them at the end.  I prefer the one that my mom bought, but I recommend all of them.

Miles enjoys them.  They entertain him longer than a lot of activities. He occasionally sits at the kitchen table for quite a while drawing while I'm cooking.


Some of our creations...





 
If you decide to try them out, I would also recommend buying colored pencils.  They seem to be the easiest for Miles to control, rather than markers or crayons.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment