Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stuff I Like

I thought I would do a follow up to my first "Stuff I Like" post.  The first thing I like is Miles sleeping in his new, big bed.  More on that in another post.


Sally Hansen InstaDry


This was actually the inspiration for this post.  I cannot brag on this stuff enough.  I don't know what made me buy it, but I'm so glad that I did.  I love to paint my nails, but I do not like how long it takes for them to dry.  I like to use a base coat, 1-2 coats of color, and a top coat.  That takes forever to dry.  With this stuff, I can put on all those coats generously, add this on top, and it is dry within 5 minutes.  It may not be dry enough to wash dishes or anything, but I can at least go to sleep without dreaded sheet marks the next morning.

Photo Circle
When my friends and I went to the Price Is Right last weekend, we used an app called Photo Circle.  You create an event and invite those attending.  Everyone uploads their cell pictures to the app during the event.  Then, everyone has access to all the photos without having to text them to each other.  When all the photos have been uploaded you can export to your phone with one click.  Genius.  I may be way behind on this...because I do tend to be behind on most trends...but this was really cool and extremely efficient. 

Venmo


Venmo is an app that allows you to transfer money to someone for free.  Everything I've read indicates that it's very secure.  I trade money with my sister-in-law often and also a friend from work.  I find Venmo easier than Paypal or a bank app.  The only problem is that a lot of people don't use it.  If you have someone specific that you tend to swap money with, I highly recommend trying it.

The Bachelor


Since we are getting close to the Bachelor finale, I had to include this.  After a gazillion seasons, I still like it.  It's all the same and they rarely stay together, but I still find it entertaining.  I love my little Monday night tradition of sitting in front of the fire and watching it with all the lights out.  It's a total escape from reality and the perfect end to my Monday.  Reality Steve is speculating that Britt will be the next Bachelorette.  Hear me people, I will NOT watch.  I just can't do it.  There are a lot of reasons why, but her Converse with EVERY outfit tops the list. Just no.

New Workout Playlists

My only workouts now consists of attending cardio interval classes, so I never listen to the music on my ipod anymore.  The music that we were listening to during class was doing nothing for me, so I decided to make a few CDs for our class.  The first one seemed to be a hit. The pics are a little blurry, but if you click on them, they are readable.

 
I created another one to take to class tomorrow.  Hope everyone likes it.  Some of the songs are the same b/c I like them and it's hard to find clean work out music.
 

Banded Headbands


My hair is very thin & fine.  It's hard to find headbands that will stay on my head and not give me a major headache.  The headbands from Banded are great.  They don't slip. I love the patterns too.  I wish I had every color.  The do give me a headache if I wear them for too long, but I get headaches easily anyway.  A friend recently tried Banded2gether after trying Sweaty Bands, which are very similar, and she liked the Sweaty Bands better.  They are a little more expensive, but I think I will try them next. 

Microfiber Sheets

This is so strange, but I recently bought some sheets from a G-Force cheerleader (for you locals) as a fundraiser. I am big time sheet snob, but they were only $35, so I decided to take a chance.  I didn't get to see them in advance, but I was assured they were very soft.  Oh my, they are great!  I've never had microfiber sheets...didn't even know such a thing existed.  Unlike most sheets that have to be washed a thousand times, these were soft before I even washed them.  I'm not sure the stitching is the best quality, but even if they last a year, it will be worth it.

Let me know if you try any of these things.  I'd love to know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment