Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

We Create Busy

Darrin called me in the middle of the day to say that he was giving the girls off practice on Tuesday.  Instead of enjoying a quiet night at home, we decided to cook dinner for the team and organize a Minute to Win competition.  We are officially crazy. We invent things to do, thus creating busyness.  It's a sickness...and just when I think we are cured, we digress. 

Dinner was grilled chicken, roasted veggies, green beans, Dorito salad, and rolls.




After dinner, it was game on.  I can't give away all my secrets b/c Darrin's birthday is Sunday and we've invited some friends over for the same night of games.  A few sneak peaks of the games...





The girls seem to have a good time.  There were lots of laughs...







This group gets the award for the loudest team Darrin's ever had.  At one point, Miles was covering his ears.  All in good fun.  It was totally worth any work that went into the planning, which wasn't too bad.  I have to say, Darrin & I have gotten much better at having people over without all the stress....even when it's cooking for 20 people.  This blog post, which I found via Pinterest, helped me plan the games in no time. 

Now, my bed is calling my name.  I start my management meetings tomorrow...and I'm one day closer to Friday....and time for volleyball!!!  Almost half way there.  I can do it, I can do it.  If you are coming to my house on Sunday, hope you bring your A game!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment