Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

The Rest of the Story

In my haste to blog last night, b/c I really was not in the mood, I left out a chunk of Miles' birthday.  In a weak moment, I agreed to take Miles to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I had been holding out b/c it is rated PG 13.  I heard from a ton of people that it wasn't bad, but then why was it rated PG 13? 



I regretted it within the first five minutes.  I'm sure he'll be just fine, and I know Darrin thinks I'm completely overprotective in this regard.  I just know that in a month or so Miles will say something about a part in the movie that lets me know he's been thinking about it.  It was too violent for little minds.  I'll never think otherwise.

Having said all that, Miles LOVED it. He thought parts were hilarious and the violence really didn't seem to bother him at all.  After the movie, we went to Walmart to spend one of his birthday gift cards to get the Ninja Turtles shell. 


Ok, so I really think I included everything this time.  We also read some books before bed, but I'll blog about our new book reading trend when I show you our redecorated sun room.

No comments:

Post a Comment