Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Here is our weekend through a lot of pictures & not many words b/c I'm not feeling very wordy.  I actually took several pics this weekend, so this should work out nicely.  Here we go...

Friday night, Miles spent the night at Granny & Pa's house with Ava & Olivia.  He was beside himself with happiness...


We spent our childless night furniture shopping & eating dinner at IHOP.  I see fancy people, on their fancy blogs, eating at fancy restaurants.  We are not those people.  You don't have to be fancy to wear lip stick though.  Better luck next time...


We consumed every last bite of this spread...


Then, we went to Books A Million so Darrin could get coffee & I could look at games.  He reads ebooks and I never, ever read. So, a book store is somewhat futile for us. When we were checking out, the guy made fun of us b/c we bought coffee and a frisbee for Miles.


Miles was all smiles when we picked him up on Saturday.  We went straight to the country club for a little swimming...


This was Miles after swimming, on the way home.  Apparently a wild night with his cousins caught up with him. He slept for two hours.


After a couple hours at home to rest, we went to hang out with some friends, Daniel, Erica, & Thomas, and Rachel & Travis.  Daniel & Erica fixed a great dinner for everyone...


The boys swam...


The men hung out...


Then, the boys played a little baseball.  I'm not sure it gets any cuter than this...


We never play baseball, but Miles loved it...



He was pretty good at it too...


We may have to rethink no tee ball.  I'm not into being at the ball park every night, but if he really wanted to play, I'm sure we would sign him up.  It might be worth it for the cute outfit & photo opportunities.


We had a picnic in his bed.  My big boy usually just wears boxers to bed now.  I'm having cute pj withdrawals, but I knew this day would come.  He indulged me longer than I expected actually.


Today after church, Miles assembled our 'make your own' frozen pizza...



Then, he & Darrin went to play golf while I helped throw a baby shower at church...



After golf, Miles played outside with his friends before it was time to come in, take a bath, and get ready for bed...


That's our weekend. It was busy.  But, it's V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N week for us!!!  It's a staycation for the first half of the week and then off to St. Louis for a few days.  I have a few home improvement projects planned for the staycation.  I'll let you all know how it goes.  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment