Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a GREAT weekend!  Friday night was spent getting ready for a yard sale that I had with two friends on Saturday, Melanie & Bethany.  I wish I would have taken a picture at the sale, b/c we had fun & made some cash.  It's always good when the work that you put into a yard sale actually pays off.  It's so funny to see what people buy.  People are just funny.  My biggest sale of the day was my second Nikon camera.  I had two....due to an impulse Black Friday purchase...but only one battery worked.  I had to let the battery go with the camera I sold.  Since Walmart doesn't carry the battery I need, I was left with only cell pics for the rest of the weekend.  Bummer.

Miles & Darrin played golf on Saturday during the yard sale.  Darrin didn't take any pictures, but he said that Miles hit some really good tee shots.  After the sale & golf, Melanie was nice enough to let us come back over & swim.  Miles has been asking to swim at their house for a while.  When we pulled into the driveway he said, "I always hoped this would happen."  He loved every minute of it.



Saturday night we went over to a friend's house for a cookout.  Rachel & Travis are great friends of ours & they announced that they are having a baby!!!  It's been a long time coming for them & we couldn't be happier that God has answered their prayers. These pictures are actually from vacation with them last summer b/c I didn't get any of the two of them on Saturday night :(  I still don't know how I let that happen.


They are going to be excellent parents. Clearly...


Their news alone made the night amazing.  The friends, food, bonfire, laughs, sunset, and smores were just icing on the cake.






This morning we went to early church, b/c we had plans to go to Steve & Crystal's for the afternoon.  I thought Miles looked cute this morning, so I snapped a picture before we left.  The kid insists on buttoning his top button on every shirt.  I don't know what's up with that.


A better pic of Rachel this morning at church.  I'm still on cloud 9 for them.


After church we checked the radar before heading to Steve & Crystal's house.  They live about an hour & twenty minutes away so, even though we love them dearly, we didn't want to drive up there if it was going to rain.  The radar looked clear, so we took off.  As we started to get closer, the clouds rolled in.  It poured as soon as we got there.  Then, the sun came out again so they got in the pool.  Then, this happened.  Darrin is under the float with Ava, and Miles in on the ladder.  The rest of us are in the house....except for Steve who was putting down three umbrellas while we watched him :)  It wasn't lightening, only pouring down rain.


Finally, the sun came out & fun was had by all...


I think Miles will be swimming by the end of the summer.  He's getting very comfortable in the water.


I'm sad the weekend is coming to a close, but thrilled that it was a weekend to remember.  I'm off to watch the Bachelorette & enjoy some down time, since that's the one thing my weekend lacked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment